Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CS Problems

Unhappy CS Problems

Hi guys!

I've got some porblems.

I just instaled Half-Life and counter strike 1.5, but they don't seem to want to conect to the net. First it always says that my version of Half-Life or CS is out of date, despite me having updated it a minute ago. Secondly, every server I'm trying to conect to, it says that the server is runing under different "protocol". Thirdly, it can not intialise a "server library" file when I'm trying to conect through quickstart.

Can you help me with that. I played a bit of CS before but never had this problems
    Don\'t post if you\'ve got nothing constructive to say. Flooding is annoying

OK, I am not a gamer, but please try re-booting then try again.

A lot of software does not update its version data until you reboot, even though it HAS updated the files.

just a thought

The Recidivist
    <off-subject>

www.pwned.nl

</off-subject>

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Tryed rebooting, but it didn't help. I gues what I need is for somwonw to sit down near and work out what causes the problems
    Don\'t post if you\'ve got nothing constructive to say. Flooding is annoying

Did it resolve the out of date version problem?

If not, I would guess that your update didn't work so you might like to try it again. Check for successful update messages or a logfile in the game folder.

I think that you need to solve your version/update problem first.

Cheers

I think VALVe has started to take down WON servers and most servers are 1.6 now anyway. Just use STEAM.

www.steampowered.com

-Cheers-

You will not be able to play CS 1.5 online anymore. Just upgrade to 1.6

I saw the video from CS-Source....OMFG THAT **** IS HOT! The special effects are sickening....We're defenitely upgrading our server to that as soon as it comes out

it says that the server is runing under different "protocol".
    you get a protocol eror when trying to connect to a CS 1.6 server with a 1.5 client.
    you can still find 1.5 servers but they are becoming few and far between - your best bet is to upgrade to 1.6 (which has become alot more stable than since its first release)

its another huge download as well oO
    what i have found though is rather than getting it off fileplanet and queuing for it you can get it much quicker of bit-torent.....and beofre people start screaming about warez - its a fre download :P

i just find bit torent faster for it than waiting at fileplanet (unles of course your premium member of fileplanet)

v_Ln

its another huge download as well oO
    what i have found though is rather than getting it off fileplanet and queuing for it you can get it much quicker of bit-torent.....and beofre people start screaming about warez - its a fre download :P
    err its 500KB ...download the 500KB steam file. Run it register your account/CD key and then let it install CS for you...it will take 10 minutes tops with broadband.

from the official steam website ::

If you're upgrading from Counter-Strike 1.5:
    Download the Steam installer including the Counter-Strike data cache. (Approx 144MB)
    (Bit Torrent is required for this download.)
    heh so even they say you should use bit torrent now

Just a little bit bigger than 500kb
    v_Ln