Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need to overide network administrtor .....

need to overide network administrtor .....

hello,
    Pls is there a way of overiding network administrators setting from a client system in a network.
    The new guy just promoted to administrator level at work is making life unbearable for us all, he is restricting access to everything yo ucan think about even the printers are restricted, making it time consuming when we should all be at the go.
    Any help will be highly apprecaited.

you are asking for trouble with that one....
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

You should point this out to him, and if he continues to be troublesome, arrange a meeting with his manager to try to work out how support can work with the users.

Ultimately, network support / sysadmin is a cost centre on a company and should be answerable to the users - they are there to try and make your life easier not more difficult.

Slarty

how do you mean, will it cause a network fault? if it will then i think we just have to vote himm off, rather than i cause trouble for the firm.
    hope you enlighten me more

I am a Network Administrator and I know I do not stand alone when I say that with this post you are going to be asking for trouble. So please do not ask how to hack or how to break into your network or go again you Network Admin.

**cursor moving to assign negs**ah hell I don't care...I will let you slide on this one!

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

He may be trying to counter act some serious issue in security, or an *******. Talk with him, then "vote" him out if necessary. Assuming he is not blocking things like bad internet sites, kazzaa etc, and not core business systems.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

it is not trouble in that sense, but it is trouble in the sense that it is most likely against company policy. you should talk to him about how difficult he is making even the simplest tasks... furthermore, you should look at yourself to see if what he is doing is secure, and you have been living in an insecure computing environment

o yeah.... is there a way to override a network admin -- only on your local machine/other machines you know the admin password on (i figure you won't be able to do much with this info tho since it seems that you logon to a domain, and are at max a power user)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

he knows but he believes there is no one better than him, so all have to come to him when the need be, imagine you trying to download and you can't save on your harddisk for later recovery without calling him, or your wanting to run a program , and you see a link that says vb... has been disabled, contact your network administrator, or the most annoying, if msn messenger is not on your system b4 he became heafd, then there is notin you can do, as te download won't reach completion but stops at 99% and says you do not have the permision to download this file, contact network administrator to complet this.

then this is definately a situation to take to the management of the company, anything else could get you fired
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Assuming this guy is not a troll:

If you cannot do your job due to some security restrictions then first talk with the admin and then if problems are not resolved talk to management. Chances are that if you cannot do you job then someone else is having problems as well. If enough people cannot do their job, then the company is wasting their money having you sit around. Talk with or email the admin. He/she is probably trying to secure a previously unsecure network so that he does not get fired if something happens.

Edit: The only reason I could see printers being restricted is if their is abuse. (Those would not happen to be color printers?) We had to restrict use of our color printers after a certain employee was printing a lot of nude photos late at night.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)