wireless card only works for admin

Thread: wireless card only works for admin

wireless card only works for admin

I run win 2k pro on all my machines and I have tried three wireless cards. A network every where NWP11B, a motorola WN825G an a laptop, and D-link DWL 520+. all three work great for the admin but wont work for a regular user account. For saftey my admin account is rarely used. Can anybody tell me why it wont work for a normal user and how i can change it?
    Vote canidate Zero for 2004.

Just Another Geek
    Any errors in the eventlog if you try to use it as a "normal" user?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Normal User and Power Uses don't have right to change network connection setting.

I'm not sure if this work for 2K but on XP, go in start menu, run, type "gpedit.msc" (Without quote), go under User Administration, Administratif Template, Network, Network Connection and you'll have ton of nice option you'll like.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Also if its set to be used under promiscuous mode it wont work for normal user. Just a thought, check out the settings and see if thats checked.

create 2 hardware configs and enable hardware profiles at boot level. There anyone can choose between wireless and wired configs.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

sorry i havnt replied sooner life and family stuff. I looked to youre suggestions. Learned a lot but still havnt got the motorola card to work but managed to get the wireless everywhere card to work by not using the utility that came with it and using boingo enstead. If any body comes up with anything else for the motorola card i would be happy to hear it. Thank everybody that replied.
    Vote canidate Zero for 2004.