Thread: hmmm... This is weird

hmmm... This is weird

Does anyone know exactly what this is.
    I'll have to give a little history to this. I rebooted earlier and Norton was dead. Ok I can deal with this. I figure I have a bug and will need to find it. I havent been downloading anythong so I figure it floated in though the connection. OK so I go to check the status of the firewall, stick a fork in it The XP firewall is well done, dead, It gives a wmi error when even trying to look at the options. Theres info in the log until it died though. Anyway Now heres the part I havent ever seen and Im not sure what to think of it. I opened user accounts from the control panel to find a new account that looks very suspiscious. It's named 'ASP.net Machine A' It's a limited account and I know I didn't put that there. Has anyone seen this before and it related to the other glitches? I think I have fixing it covered. Fdisk format reinstall du dah du dah. I Would like to know what this is and how it got there.

http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

go to the above link it tells you exactly what it is and why it was created

[edit] must have beat me by about 1 second Nemory .. heh [/edit]

Oh, then thats been there for about a month and I just didn't notice.

posted Today 05:31 AM

posted Today 05:35 AM

4 minutes

The power of dial-up !

well i am on dial up and i was downloading at the same time. i guess i had not refreshed in a little while before replying to the post

No I meant the asp.net machine a account It came from a game i installed about a month ago that required .net framework