Thread: Linux bridging problem

Linux bridging problem

Hello guys.

We have a local network tha it connects wirelessly with another network and we want to get our own ip range.
    The facts: we are all in the same subnet (10.165.0.0) and we want to ..move on 10.166.0.0
    The AP (access point) connects to a linux machine which have 2 interfaces (eth0 and eth1)
    I want to leave the ap with a ip eg 10.165.0.21 and the second one to have an ip eg 10.166.0.1
    then all the other computers/network devices on my network to have 10.166.0.0 ips
    But I dont know how to bridge them. Who exactly eg my pc (10.166.0.5) can see another pc eg 10.165.0.45 without harming their confs (subnets or ips etc)
    What program/app should I use and what can I do?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Ummmm.... That's a hell of a subnet move for a LAN....

Is this just for Internet access or is there file/print/pr0n sharing between subnets?
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

It's complicated. We are to guys with Wireless connection (BB Link) and we are running both APs. Now what we want for this:
    People who want to connect to us wirelessly we want to know from where are connected (this is the main reason) for solving problem easyly
    Let me explain. If someone connects on my AP (access point) I want him to have an ip style 10.166.0.x and if someone else connect to my friend's ap to have an ip style 10.165.0.0
    this could help us a lot with dns, solving problems and holding the network alive if someone of us (me or my friend's) network will fall, the other one to work just fine.
    we are now all on 10.165.0.0 and anyone who is connected to me i want to change to 10.166.0.0 to have our own subnet for the reasons i said before and many more