It seems a small group of very wealthy snobs that call themselves stars have proclaimed that they have the right to say and do anything they dam well please and call it censorship if the very people that made them rich and gave them this podium from which to speak, react in anyway that shows disapproval.

In this BBC article:

Elton attacks 'censorship' in US

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3902833.stm

Elton john calls it ‘terror tactics’ when the fans of the Dixie chick used their option to spend their money elsewhere when the chicks decided to use the platform given to them by their fans to speak out against their country in a way that the listeners of country music found totally unacceptable.

This is yet another attempt by this self proclaimed ‘elite’ group to censor anyone that disagrees with them. EJ actually has the audacity to try and blame the bush administration for the American peoples use of the only tool we have to speak out against this misuse of media fame, the boycott.

"There's an atmosphere of fear in America right now that is deadly. Everyone is too career-conscious," he told New York magazine, Interview.

Sir Elton said performers could be "frightened by the current administration's bullying tactics"

Why because slim fast refuses to air whoopee goldberg? Is this because they fear strategic air strikes ordered by bush or a team of tax auditors digging threw their US sales records? No! It’s because too many people were offended by what she’s done. not everyone of course, but enough to hurt them if the people that have been offended decide that whoopee has given the product a bad taste.

"frightened by the current administration's bullying tactics",…bullshit. They’re frightened by the voice of the American consumer having its say. He’s against this freedom of speech.

EJ goes on to imply that the American people should react to the war in iraq like they did the war in nam…like there is anything in common between the two. Today instead of chasing after NY Times trucks with my yellow can of paint I wish I could be chasing him, but he is also protected by freedom of speech and I do respect that but I am also free not to approve of it. What was that term the hawks used back in the sixties…? Commie pinko fag! Never in my wildest dreams…