Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elton john talking crap!

Elton john talking crap!

It seems a small group of very wealthy snobs that call themselves stars have proclaimed that they have the right to say and do anything they dam well please and call it censorship if the very people that made them rich and gave them this podium from which to speak, react in anyway that shows disapproval.

In this BBC article:

Elton attacks 'censorship' in US

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3902833.stm

Elton john calls it ‘terror tactics’ when the fans of the Dixie chick used their option to spend their money elsewhere when the chicks decided to use the platform given to them by their fans to speak out against their country in a way that the listeners of country music found totally unacceptable.

This is yet another attempt by this self proclaimed ‘elite’ group to censor anyone that disagrees with them. EJ actually has the audacity to try and blame the bush administration for the American peoples use of the only tool we have to speak out against this misuse of media fame, the boycott.

"There's an atmosphere of fear in America right now that is deadly. Everyone is too career-conscious," he told New York magazine, Interview.

Sir Elton said performers could be "frightened by the current administration's bullying tactics"

Why because slim fast refuses to air whoopee goldberg? Is this because they fear strategic air strikes ordered by bush or a team of tax auditors digging threw their US sales records? No! It’s because too many people were offended by what she’s done. not everyone of course, but enough to hurt them if the people that have been offended decide that whoopee has given the product a bad taste.

"frightened by the current administration's bullying tactics",…bullshit. They’re frightened by the voice of the American consumer having its say. He’s against this freedom of speech.

EJ goes on to imply that the American people should react to the war in iraq like they did the war in nam…like there is anything in common between the two. Today instead of chasing after NY Times trucks with my yellow can of paint I wish I could be chasing him, but he is also protected by freedom of speech and I do respect that but I am also free not to approve of it. What was that term the hawks used back in the sixties…? Commie pinko fag! Never in my wildest dreams…
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

"frightened by the current administration's bullying tactics",…bullshit. They’re frightened by the voice of the American consumer having its say. He’s against this freedom of speech.
    I just think it's ironic that he thinks people are attacking free speech by excercising free speech and the right to buy what they want. Celebs as well as all other members of the free world can say whatever the hell they want, and that is the way it should be. However, it doesn't mean the rest of us have to like their message, agree with it, or support it with our hard-earned dollars. I am unable to go on television and speak my mind, as I don't have enough money or fame and the media doesn't want to hear me rant (For good reason, too ). However, if Sir Elton gave me $50 million, I'm sure someone would listen to me, but he hasn't, so by his logic he is attacking free speech as well. I'm a big fan of country music, listen 23/7, the hour not spent listening is the hour when the chix are on. So I'm a big fascist for not wasting electricity and time listening to this band and their rhetoric? Well, maybe Sir John will lose a few listeners himself due to this, and maybe his view of the power of the consumer will change a bit.

whoopee has given the product a bad taste.
    Slim fast is so nasty that nothing could make it taste worst, not even Ms. Goldberg

Slim fast is so nasty that nothing could make it taste worst, not even Ms. Goldberg
    maybe so, but for the past week ive been buying it for a snack instead of twinkies. not trying to diet, just showing approval
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Once upon a time audiences were royalty and entertainers were servants.
    We need to return to that time. If the court jester offends you,
    "Off with his head!" I never liked that guy's music anyway.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

i couldn't agree with you more RC and i say it all the time....thats exactly what they are, jesters. there for our amusement. they like sports figures make way too much money. i know its only fair because the owners make tons-o-bucks off them like producers with talent...but there in lies the problem.

i liked (past tense) a couple of things that he did but never enough to bu any of his work. too bad, now i cant boycot him LoL

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    What makes me really giggle is the sheer stupidity of "stars". They seem to think that because they can hold a tune or pretend to be someone else that they have something between their ears that produces something of value to be listened to by the "unwashed masses".

Most of them are utter morons with IQ's slightly higher than that of a retarded slug. However, what is really saddening is that there are so many in this world that place them on a "higher plane" because they make so much money and listen to them as if their utterances are of value rather then the misled opinions that they obviously are.

You know.... It really is time to bleach the gene pool.... Let's start with anyone connected with the TV program "Entertainment Tonight" since they are one of the primary sources for placing these numbskulls on pedestles.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

The Republican

Slim Fast is what you use as groundbait for the swim.............

Tiger~

Most of them are utter morons with IQ's slightly higher than that of a retarded slug
    Hey Tiger, fancy coming over here for a spot of Chub fishing?.............slugs are really good where sweetcorn and cheese don't work?

Do you have anything like chub and tench over there?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Nihil:

No Chub or Tench unfortunately. Bass are the fish most people go for here. They fight like hell but only get to around 10-15lb.

I used to fish chub and Tench all the time over there. Great fish. I like a nice Barbel too but they are harder to find. They fight like a Bonefish which is quite a treat.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

nihil the title of this thred is not 'elton john talking carp'! ;-) dislexics of the world untie.

and how was your fishing trip TS?

helpful hint #1) for those of us that enjoy blue fishing stars make very good chum.

To quote non-other than the boys of SOUTHPARK

"Elton you are a very talented musician, but a retarded monkey can write better lyrics than you."
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.