clustering in Open BSD

Thread: clustering in Open BSD

clustering in Open BSD

after searching google and turning up nothing, i am now asking any openbsd experts here -- How do you setup a cluster in OpenBSD???
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

BANNED
    I know you said openBSD but I found a paper on building a cluster with freeBSD if it doesn't help sorry for wastin space:
    http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/papers/bsdcon2003/
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

using the information that you posted and doing a little extra work, i should be able to reproduce what they did so that it runs natively in OpenBSD - no emulators required... definatly a week long project tho --

if anyone can come up with an easier way to do this, please let me know otherwise, give muert0 greenies please
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

Hey Hey,

I haven't looked at the link provide and I'm not sure what your plans are but why not create a BeoWulf cluster with the machines.... The components should compile without problem for you.

Check out http://www.beowulf.org/

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

actually through the link they mentioned beowulf, so i was going to try that, but they also mentioned parallel virtual machine which runs in both *nix, and windows...

BANNED
    I saw this the other day when I was looking around. I really enjoyed reading through alot of it. Clusters really excite me being someone without a lot of money I pickup old computer peices form people after I replace stuff on their computers for them. I've got three 400mhz systems saved up so far. Oh well when you get done will you post specs and pics?
    http://yara.ecn.purdue.edu/~pplinux/ppcluster.html
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

i am in the same boat so i will definately post specs, howto, and pics :-D (allong with where i got all the old machines)