Password informator

Thread: Password informator

Password informator

If you have some host page and somebody got your password, it is possible to give there(between the files and html files) some program, that can inform the "hacker" about the password change or something, or these info is only in server, that gives you the host?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Let me give it a try. So if someone got your password for your website service (say you host with an ISP). Could the attacker who got the password originally receive notifications of password changes?

If that's the question, only if they change the email address that receives the notification or if they attempt to log in with the old password (they'll be told it doesn't work).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

don't most sites send a confirmation of a change of email address, though?

Along with the info... blah@blah.site has been changed and updated to new@new.site....your new pw is xxxxxxx, please follow the link to update and confirm the information?
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    don't most sites send a confirmation of a change of email address, though?
    Some do. Some don't. Depends on the site. When I change my password at the site that hosts my stuff, I don't receive a notification of the change.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

ok...if I am understanding the scenario correctly, might I suggest changing the relevant information personally( over the phone) with your provider....explain that the email account you signed up with is no longer secure, and give them a different email address to use to communicate with you.

Obviously, if I have misunderstood your situation..disregard what I just said.
    Realityisanillusioncreatedbyanalcoholdeficiency.

i had this kind of paranoia once when i was sharing my pc with friends...

what i did was, just check back all ur profiles regarding on ur feedback emails, phone no., contact information etc... make sure it all your's ...so if there is any pwd changes made (if the server reply back) it will be send to u.