I actually posted a thread about a this a while ago but it has made its way far enough down the list that I don't think its being seen very often or by the members who may be able to help me........

I use windows xp, and for some reason I cannot access the options of the control panel (or My Computer) unless I am in safe mode. I went into my registry and went to the 'NoControPanel' key but there was not a Reg_Dword value for it. So I created one and assigned it (0) to disable the restrictions. Still no good. Maybe I didn't define the function of it correctly (I don't have alot of experience with the windows registry and am reluctant to play around in there too much).

Maybe that was not the issue and it is something else......I don't know - So I have used up more of my time (and the readers) with typing this thread again. I put high priority on the maintenence of my system and attempt to keep my system clean and running properly.
(I know many of you won't believe this since I already admitted to running windows - - but I am looking into linux) - anyway this is very important to me to get this issue sorted out and I would really appreciate any help and advice offered.........

Thanks again to all respondents..............