Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help With Security Please

Need Help With Security Please

HELLO EVERYONE... CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.. IVE GOT A FIREWALL ANTI VIRUS ON MY COMPUTER AND THIS GUY WHO HAS BEEN STALKING AND HACKING MY COMPUTER HAS BEEN GETTING INTO MY REGISTRY. HE SEEMS TO BE A COMPUTER WHIZ HES BEEN HACKING MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS WONT LET MY SISTERS SEND ME EMAIL MESSES WITH MY REGISTRY. IVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND THIS GUY IS TOO DAMN GOOD CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP...THANKS

can you give us more info, what system do you use, windows 98, 2000, xp, 3.1???

what firewall and antivirus do you use????

what kind of connection do you use??? dial-up, cable, DSL......

how long has it been since you did windows update, aswell as updated your virus software?????

Since you have an AV, is it updated? Ever think of doing a full system scan?
    As for your firewall, Do you accidently have it on "Allow all"?

How do you know someone has been "hacking" your email?
    How can him altering your registry make your sisters not be able to send you email?

HES BEEN HACKING MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS WONT LET MY SISTERS SEND ME EMAIL MESSES WITH MY REGISTRY
    Are you trying to say your sister is sending you a backup of your registry, or hes disabling her from sending you an email by configuring your registry?
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

HAS BEEN STALKING AND HACKING MY COMPUTER
    Does this mean he is stalking your computer or you personaly? If he is stalking you, then there are federal laws against this behavior. Have you gone to the police? Have you kept logs of his activity?
    I see you are still online. If you want our help, then you should probably answer some of the questions being asked.

Just Another Geek
    It looks like s/he installed a trojan on your pc. This trojan enables your caps lock key.
    Seriously, don't post in all-caps. It's considered very rude (shouting!).

How do you know s/he is hacking you?
    How can you tell s/he has been editting your registry?
    How do you know s/he is "hacking" your email?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

i have windows xp , i have mcafee anti virus, i have dsl i have done a complete scan on my systen with search and destroy and it seems it pops up with ths same proble about registry change (dso) i do windows update all the time.i update all software including antivirus etc..there was a nic on my registry magnum357 which i deleted this guy i seen in a yahoo chat which im sure is the guy thats been hacking my computer.if u need any more info please let me know.. im doing everything i can to secure this computer but some guys are too smart..i am saving this name and i do plan on turning him in...thanks

Just Another Geek
    I haven't seen DSOs being used to "hack" someone. I do see 'm used as spyware/adware.
    I could also be the Google toolbar (also a DSO) or something from SpyBot S&D (it also installs a DSO).

there was a nic on my registry magnum357
    Where and how in your registry?

How do you plan to turn him in?
    You'll need proof (hard evidence; logfiles i.e.) if you want to nail him.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

first calm down
    there is always an explantion i would first start at the router
    more then likely its configured to default and he is prob sending himself the logs from your router. or something close
    if you keep yourself updated and scanned it is difficult to get a hold of your pc.
    do the normal scan for trojins if it is still happening let us know
    change all the LOCAL password for xp
    delete unwated accounts
    the regestry changes might be something else
    warning:some routers will email logs (so check)
    and yes fix the caps
    Jeremy

Since you're running XP, I would suggest checking in your running process list and see if there is anything running that shouldn't be. If you don't know what should be running, you can google for each of the processes and normally get back a good page or two explaining what it is. The LIUtilities pages tend to be rather informative.

You can get this list by pressing ctrl-alt-del. One some systems the taks manager will pop up, on others you will have to click "task manager". In either case this where you want to be. Click on the process tab and you will be greeted with all of the processes that XP is running. There are a lot of trojans out there that are just 8 random letters for the process name.

I would also suggest turning on the ICF (Internet Connection Firewall) that comes with WinXP. I don't recall the exact steps to do this and I'm on a Win2K machine ATM. I can atleast head you in the right direction. If you are using the classic start menu, you'll click start, settings, network connections. If you're using the new one, I believe there is a network connections icon on the main menu. I don't use it so I'm not too familiar with it. From this menu pick your network card, right click it and goto properties. Somewhere in there it will talk about the ICF and have a check box to turn it on.

Hope this helps.

If your running Windows XP pro...you can turn off the Internet Connection Firewall via services...goto start->run then type in mmc...once there hit ctrl-M then goto add...scroll down to services then click add and then finish...close the windows out and look on the services list for Internet Connection Firewall...click that...then click stop...then disable...also I would recommend stopping and disabling the Remote Registry service. You can save this console when you are done so you can easily access your services list.
    ...it would be better for the true physics if there were no mathematicians
    on earth.

--Bernoulli