greetings all...

here is the story...

i was running Windows 2000 Pro... my computer was doing ok, except popups and popups and a slightly slow performance when i was using the internet... so i decided to use some antivirus / antispyware sw...

i ve downloaded lavasoft's adaware and beside some tracking cookies nothing serious found ( i guess tracking cookies is not somethin u can call serious )... i also installed mcaffee antivirus, i updated it and i ve tried a scan ... the scan stoped into Visual Studio folder... i did not pay attention then, but if i remember well, it was about an .ini file ( C:\MS visual studio\bla...\bla..\bla...\something.ini ... pc stoped responding, i reset it and when the windows login prompt showed up, an error message showed up also saying that ''something was writing to the memory'' along with address numbers which i really do not understand... i was not able to log into windows and i was not even able to start with safe mode...

anyway, i really needed the pc during weekend so i instantly decided to format and reinstall windows... but during the installation process, these ''damned'' blue screens was appearing all the time with miscellaneous messages : ''UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME'', ''MEMORY_MANAGEMENT'', IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'', ''CDFS_FILE_SYSTEM'', BAD_POOL_CALLER'' is some that i remember right now...

also the error messages was saying that i should check for HW/SW newly installed ( no HW newly added and supposing that i formatted the drive before this, no new SW also) , that i should stop BIOS memory from caching or shadowing ( which i didnt manage to find it in my BIOS settings )... note that the installation process was having trouble copying the ''drivers.cab'' file...

i didnt spend time to search around the threads in AO for somethin relevant to it... i also did not try google yet, so sorry in advance... i ll try it later today... but untill then, any comments are really welcome...

regards