Thread: Yahoo ID Account Recovery

Unhappy Re: yahoo id's

Hello, I have a question reguarding the hacking of yahoo! ids...ya see, I need to get into one of my old accounts because I lost the personal information I had in it, and someone changed my password, and I need the personal information stored in the account to get it back so they can make me a new password, I would really really appreciate any help any of you could give me with this, I will allow someone to go and hack into my old account go retrieve either the password or the password and some personal account info both. If this is even at all physically possible, I really don't know, but please I need help I'd really like to use my old name again

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    Uhm.... hi and welcome to AO.

Please DO READ the FAQs before asking this kind of question aswell as the RULES.

The only advice i can give you is to send an email to yahoo, tell them about your problem, and make sure you use a *STRONG* password for your account.
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Just to clarify for others, the lead post was in an older thread (over a year). Rather than leave it there (and potentially be negged) I've moved it to it's own thread.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Regal Making Handler
    There are ways to retrieve an account that you have lost either the password or login id for. They involve going through some form of authentication, if you go to yahoo there will be a link to retrieve my login details. If you cannot retrieve your account in this way, forget it. Just open a new one. Yahoo being a free service, it realy should not be that important to you.

Both yahoo and hotmail are through away accounts, why anyone should ask how to hack them is beyond me.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

Why would you need the personal account info? Did you forget your name? address? phone number?

If it is not your actual personal information and it is just information you randomly made up, why is it so important that you get it back?

Yahoo accounts are free and this is a lost cause. Just face it, you didn't lose anything, your not going to get anything, so might as well take the loss and start from scratch.

Just use the forgot your password option. You probably forgot your personal details though... nevermind. That's too simple.

Ok nevermind I guess its lost in time, I'll be ok with that

Your social engineering skills need improvement.
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    and someone changed my password
    So whats to stop 'em getting in and changing it again ?
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone