Girlie Men!!!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlie Men!!!

Girlie Men!!!

This place was dead yesterday so I'll try to get some dialog going. Sorry I don't have a link to the Times article. No registered account.

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is being branded a sexist homophobe for referring to obstinate state lawmakers as “girlie men” in a speech in Canada, reports the Los Angeles Times.

Borrowing a line from an old Saturday Night Live skit, the governor used the term in reference to lawmakers who are refusing to bargain on the state budget. The LA Times rounded up a number of the usual suspects to complain about the language.

Sen. Sheila Kuehl said it was “painful to hear the governor resort to such blatant homophobia.”

Assemblyman Mark Leno added, "By playing to certain voters' discomfort with gender and sexuality, the governor has exposed himself to be a divider, not a uniter."
    Where to start....oh....where to start?

OK "Branded as a sexist homophobe." And the problem is? The Govenor is entitled to his opinion, and he has the right of free speech like anyone else right? I could just as easily claim that homosexuals are "Pro-Marriage Republiphobic" when they file equal rights/discrimination suits against marriage laws.

NEXT Isn't the main platform of the Democratic party based upon "playing to certain voter's discomfort" with the status quo that is. Whether that be gender, sexual orientation, abortion, color, race, religion, and the list goes on. This is so blatantly hypocrytical that it disgusts me.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

i think this is great. maybe we should allow those not born in the us to run for president.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040719/D83TTQOO0.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Democrats aren't amused by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's use of the mocking term "girlie men" to describe some lawmakers, although a spokesman for the governor said no apology would be forthcoming.

man hes got ever special interset group in ca up in arms about the use of his "homophobic words" (ROFLMAO) and i say sis on you pister to all of them... hes right!

really though what else can you call men in politics that cant vote for the good of the people because they are afraid of what special interest groups might say. arnie is one stand-up MF and i dont mean militant feminist! everyone knows from his movies that he's not making homosexual refferances but rather referring to them as being spineless. acting like little girls and those that try to equate homosexuality with spinlessness by calling this phrase homophobic show their real feelings for gays.

BTW a search on goole news for 'girlie men' will return more than you've ever wanted to know about this topic
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Lol, Missouri had to learn their lesson by voting in Jesse Ventura, looks like Cali is getting the same intelligence and professionalism from Ahhnold.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin
    Lol, Missouri had to learn their lesson by voting in Jesse Ventura, looks like Cali is getting the same intelligence and professionalism from Ahhnold.
    wow! if thats not sterotyping! and exactly what do the two have in common that you find repugnant?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Homophobic? Ok.. I think I'm rather clueless because I don't see the connection. Personally I thought it was a take from the movie Spawn (the evil clown referred to Spawn as a "Girlie Man").

*shrug*
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by Tedob1
    wow! if thats not sterotyping! and exactly what do the two have in common that you find repugnant?
    Hmm, the fact that neither of them had any governmental experience? The fact that they were both elected on "hollywood" recognition? The fact that neither of them have any business in a gubernatorial position?

MsMittens, it was a reference to a SNL skit where two trainers called all men who didn't meet their physical standard (who was Arnold) 'girly men'.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin
    As a California voter I personally think that Arnold got into office by using such catch phrases as "Ill be back" and "Terminate" so why do they think he is going to be any different in office? We voted in an actor over a politican. (Edit: I wonder which will turn out better?)

My name is Hans and this is Frans and were here to PUMP.... you up! That skit always made me laugh as a kid.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Dana Carvey also used to do a skit with an Arnold copy where he refered to everyone as "Girli Man" it's not homophobia, it's hilarious. He (Dana) also coined the "I want to pump you up" phrase always talking in a very good Arnold voice. Hans and Franz .

//EDIT lol I was looking for a Hans and Franz pic while CXG posted.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I dunno, the Dems are whining because their manhood was questioned..... Their reaction says it all..... When you hit the truth you get the biggest reaction......

As an aside, it is Arnie's right to free speech that he was exercising. Just like the Dems and their supporters equate Bush to Saddam, Republicans to the Nazi Brownshirts and call the President of the USA a "little ****". I didn't see any outrage then..... So why should there be now? Oh, of course, there wasn't a grain of truth in what was said about Bush......

Deb: It's not really an issue of professionalism. It's an issue where lawmakers are holding up legislation under the pretence of this, that or the other when the truth is they don't want to lose the support of the special interests because that would mean they would be out of a job. Furthermore, as Arnold was pointing out, they don't have the balls to stand up and tell the electorate that - hence the "girlie men" remark, which I, for one, find to be absolutely appropriate. If they don't have the courage to do the right thing, (tell the truth), then they shouldn't be there in the first place.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

BANNED
    And I don't think there are any numbers to back it up but I'm pretty sure Ahnold probably got a pretty good turnout at the polls from these girlie men that the other people are trying to say he was refering to.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...