Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: second hd failed

BANNED
    Did you make sure the jumpers on the back of your HD's are configured right? Did the new hd come with a install disk? Have you tried removing the second Hd and seeing if everything worked without it?
    You're being very vague on what's going on.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Problem solved, i booted off xp cd went into recovery console, got stuck at "c prompt" and typed help which brought me to fixmbr which did it

i panicked and knew that the fastest response with the most knowledge would come from this site, Thanks all of u who responded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Problem solved
    ?
    Is the problem solved, or did you just recover from it ?

Did you find out what caused the MBR to become corrupted?
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

okay here is what i did, too my embarrassment, i found all my cables and drives, i turned my puter upsode down and then attached my second hd to my cd rom drive, its fixed now, how embarrassing!!!!!
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Regal Making Handler
    We all fuxor up every now and again. At least you posted what happened., alot of peeps don't, which can be most frustrating.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry