Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other Tutorials Top 10

er0k

Other Tutorials Top 10

Ok, as per request from mnstrgrl, i am going to restate my suggestion in a new thread. You can read my post prior to this for more explanation in the thread entitled "Other Tutorials" i believe, if not just search you'll find it i dont want to click back and blah blah..

I suggest we have a top 10 on the main page for other tutorials.

Security tutorials: #
    Other Tutorials: #

if you have 5 security tuts and say 40 other tuts, you should still get recognition. I give reasons for this in my previous post and would rather not reiterate.

I suggest we have a top 10 security tutorials list on the main page, and then a top 10 other tutorials list as well.

top 10 security tutorials:
    dude who writes tuts for a living
    other people
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "
    "

top 10 other tutorials:
    Rewandythal
    "
    "
    "
    "
    etc... just a thought.

edit
    -----------------------------------

heres that link
    other tutorials forum

AO French Antique News Whore
    I'm up for idea. We could remove the Close To Being Banned and Our 10 Newest Members to make some place on the menu who starting to get full..
    -Simon \"SDK\"

I like both of your ideas... I think both would work very well, as do we really need to know who is getting banned and what new members there are that never post?
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

Yeah remove the newset members list, who need them anyways ? They are gonna go in a day or two off anyways, i agree with er0k !

This has my vote to implement it Most new users post in roll call anyway so if the room is needed the 10 newest members list could be dropped.

Good ideas all. Of course we could always remove the top ten posters also. Thats one that doesn't hardly ever change and you can tell who would be in that top ten by just looking at a few threads.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

You can also view the Top 10 poster's in the View Memberlist section. I like the idea, and the Close to Being Banned and Newest Member's list could be taken off to make room. Sound's like a nice idea.
    Space For Rent.. =]

er0k
    or we really don't need to remove anything, itll just make the page a bit but not much longer. Its just plaintext anyway it won't hurt the load speed much if at all. But if we were to take something off i would say the newest members or at least move it somewhere else. for instance, the top of the roll call forum.

Great Ideas everyone. Indeed we do not need the "Close to getting banned"...waste of space...people who are close to getting banned...will most likely get banned in the next couple of hours anyways...we do a pretty good job at that. As for newest members...do we really care who the new members are? If they have something smart to say...we'll see it in the forums. The dates under their names are more than sufficient.

We could also add a section to there "TOP 10 GCC POSTERS"? maybe just for some comedy relief

I added Top 10 Other Tutorials writers list under the security tutorials writers list, and removed the newest members and closest to be being banned lists. If anyone wants either of those lists returned, let me know and we'll discuss.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.