recently opened files
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recently opened files

recently opened files

hello guys is there any software that can keep record of recently opened files on any system with their extension such as .mdb, .html, .exe etc.

what OS you running? M$ OSes already have that feature.

In WIN98 click on STart>Documents and thats your recent folder. You can also do a search for a folder called "Recent". It is a hidden folder so you will need to check teh "view hidden folders" setting under Folder Options.

Super Moderator: GMT Zone nihil's Avatar
    Hi,

In Windows Explorer you will probably have to go into the options and UNCHECK the "hide common file extensions" box.

Cheers
    If you cannot do someone any good: don't do them any harm....
    As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

there are lots of log application out there for windows, it is not only log what file opened by can log your keystrokes.. for free/trial one, u can google or search at download.com (just a site that pop in my mind rite now). But sometimes with some of the log application, antivirus might detect it as trojan..

tools are great, just don't missuse them

Banned
    G'day, In xp pro, click Start-> Control Panel-> Task Bar and Start Menu-> Start Menu->
    Customize-> Advanced-> check the " List my most recently opened documents" box
    -> click o.k click apply.....

Your most recently opened docs, will be in the Start Menu.....

Hope this helps.....TidaL.....

---------------------------------

shell:recent
    %userprofile%\recent

---------------------------------

Poppy~.............Black_Death has given you a *nix solution, although I seem to recall from previous conversations that you run Windows?

Anyways, fair play to BD for completing the potential solutions............can be useful for people looking later?

As long as you did this to one of these, the least of my little ones............you did it unto Me.
    What profiteth a man if he gains the entire World at the expense of his immortal soul?

Just Another Geek
    Nihil: Black_death gave the windows locations there's nothing *nix about it.

Type in your IE (or start->run) shell:recent or %userprofile%\Recent as a location and you'll see what he means.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Banned
    Thanks SirDice for the tip. Worked on my xp pro box.....
    All info is valuable.
    cheers TidaL.....

/my bad

Doesn't seem to work with ME? but that could be this particular setup? (that's why I guessed *nix)

Thanks, I will look into it, might explain one or two other "features" I seem to have...........

Thanks again