"Where's the Outrage?"

Thread: "Where's the Outrage?"

"Where's the Outrage?"

Grabbed this off of the Fox web site.

Conservative African-Americans are wondering why American minority groups are not as incensed by a racially inflammatory cartoon featuring Condoleezza Rice as they are about similar material featuring non-Republican targets.

In a press release, Project 21 decried a July 5 cartoon by Ted Rall that referred to the National Security Adviser as George W. Bush’s “House Nigga.”

Project 21 is asking Universal Press Syndicate, the distributor of Rall's comics, to immediately terminate their relationship with him. Project 21 is also asking the NAACP, the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) and the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition to make demands of Rall similar to those they make every time someone makes a comment they deem racially insensitive.
    Project 21 Press release: http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRe...d=101-07192004

The Cartoon: http://www.ucomics.com/tedrall/2004/07/05/

Enough said.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

I really don’t know what to make of this! Could it be the naacp thinks what the cartoonist is saying is true? Or do they recognize this for the prue crap that it is and know that people will see it for what its worth and the naacp would rather spend their time and money on issues that can really effect change instead of dignifying it with a response. or maybe thier were just unaware of it until now. This story doesn’t speak objectively to me. the author of the article says he informed them but i just cant see the naacp not suing no matter what they think of the content. is the cartoonist black?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Nope he's a white guy.

His cartoons appear in newspapers across the country, including the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Village Voice, the Philadelphia Daily News and The San Jose Mercury News, among others. He also contributes cartoons to Time and other magazines.
    Source: http://www.amuniversal.com/ups/features/rall/bio.htm

With that kind of distribution, I find it hard to believe that the NAACP missed it. Of course it is possible that the particular cartoon in question did not appear in the agencies listed above printings on the day in question. I'll let someone else hunt that down if they are interested.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

LMFAO funny cartoon....

:P
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !