Hello everyone,
I have few questions, I would appreciate if someone could help me on this.

My current setup at home is a WinXP Box (that is connected to internet, by means of a cable modem) and a dual processor xeon machine with RH 8.0 installed. That machine is on a private LAN(8 PORT SWITCH) with private IP(192.168.XXX.XXX). I have configured web server on this Linux Box, but the problem that I am encountering is that I have only one IP and that is allocated to Winxp box(that is connected to internet through cable net). Can anyone help me on this, that how could I forward an external request to my web server(that is the Linux Box, on private IP), when the box with public IP is XP BOX and the internet gateway for the Linux Box(the web server)?? I am not even sure that what would we name this phenomena? In my opinion , PORT FORWARDING??? no flaming please Please do let me know If I am wrong.

I am also planning to get a Pentium I machine and make it a dual homed router for my network and make it my internet gateway. And both of my XP boxes and linux box(web server) would reside beyond this Pentium-I gateway. What distribution of Linux do you suggest for this? Any further comments to improve this setup(may be some firewall/security suggestions or design suggestions) would be appreciated. All i have now is an XP box and a Linux Box with an 8 port switch. Bu t I plan to improve it as my home network in future.Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Thank you AO,
Ommy