pop up @ antionline

Thread: pop up @ antionline

Banned

Talking pop up @ antionline

hey guys is it me or has antionline started brig up pop up's coz i can see a pop up now with the link

http://amch.questionmarket.com/stati...2l-eng-usd.gif

may be have some kind of spy ware or ad ware in my compyter

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I've never known AO to use pop-ups. AFAIK, they don't. I'd suggest getting out all the adware/spyware tools you have and clean out your machine.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Hmm, if they haven't added pop-ups, there are a rash of us who have spyware. We were discussing it in IRC, and it seems a lot of us have noticed it today. Now usually, I don't always believe everything I read in IRC, but here's the conversation that made a believer out of me.

<TheHorse13> gore, AO indeed is pumping pop ups
    <gore> Aha!
    <gore>
    <TheHorse13> i just verified it
    <TheHorse13> yeah
    <TheHorse13> they added the worst kind
    <TheHorse13> YOU WIN.....

Now, I could be wrong, cause I use Google toolbar and it blocks them, but usually when TH13 says something, it's after research.

I had one pop-up notification on the site today, thought it was a PM (they're usually blocked too, the downside of google) but it wasn't. Seems there are several people having this issue today.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I dont get any popups...even in exposed machines..Norton Personal Firewall blocks them everywhere else.

Can I ask ya a favor...i'm too lazy to search around, but how do I get to the IRC with you guys/gals?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    irc.unerror.com/6667 --> #lobby
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    hey the pop up's have stopped , was it som thing like some one got into the site and put up the pop up's. hey my computer got no messenger , it is a freshly formatted win 98 se ie 5.0 with with no tool barsno nothing. the people who have google or yaho tool bars did not get the pop up 's as they block the pop ups