Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Soda got hijacked or AO got popups

unfortunatly i have to break the intel trend and report that i have also noted it with a dell ad and an HP add (both when i go to the discussion forms page)
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

i enabled js to see for myself and yes when i click on forums from the main page i get a pop-under prompting me to 'take a survery for a chance..." just like has been posted. the ads on both main and forums were ibm ads servered up by doubleclick...what a surprise
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Just a side note, does anyone else notice that when the flash ad for Microsoft (It's a yellow ad) comes on the page (not a pop up, just their normal advertising on the top of the site) that the entire browser lags?

I get mouse stutters, page halts, and OS hangs while that flash file plays. It comes back after it's played once, but come on now, having an ad that brings IE and firefox to a grinding halt has to go.

(adblocked it, so I don't deal with it anymore)

sorry to break the news to you guys but the pop ups are up again
    time 900 hrs gmt

here is the link to the site to which the poo uo take s

http://amch.questionmarket.com/stati...2l-eng-usd.gif

i don know what are with the pop up s som times they are up and of now they are down
    and this to negative
    dear negative blocking pop ups is not a problem but the sites using them are given a bad name , for instance yahoo and msn do not use pop up's and hence the good name , though 1 gb email space offered by www.rediff.com there are a few takers as the site supports pop up's

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ok.. These have been noted and passed on. Hopefully they will find out who has added it to where and remove them. The policy has been simply to have simple ads but not popups.

Apologies for all of this.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Apologies for all of this.
    Don't worry folks, I'm going to Fedex her my copy of JES User's Guide for the IBM 370 and make her read it cover to cover.... Then there will be a test.... That's sufficient punishment for anyone.... By the time I actually finished reading it I found it was obsolete......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

idk if she deserves that much punishment
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM