Soda got hijacked or AO got popups - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soda got hijacked or AO got popups

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    I've been in and out of the site all evening, no Pop ups at all - ever.........
    use IE, Google tool bar, and set it to ALLOW pop ups on this site.................
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hmm....im running IE and I dont seem to be getting pop ups on AO.
    00110001 01101101 00100000 00110101 00110000 00110000 00100000 00110001 00110011 00110011 00110111

Banned
    it seems that there is something being ported though AO's sponsers ads.
    It looks like the Xeon ad is setting spybot off for double click.
    I got the link to that ad http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N2613....ord=388161084?
    But it seems the intel ad for centrino may be trying to install or access a spyware known as avanue a. Because of the type of file that the ad was coming though(macromedia shockwave flash) I couldn't find it in the source code to pull it in a window by it self to see if it set of spybot for the same thing. <strike>Mabey AO should look into it.</strike>

(edit) spybot was going off about cookies it seems, though I think I figured out where these highly dangourus cookies were coming from, thats a joke by the way, Cookies shouldn't cause any type of pop ups. At least not that I've seen. I'll solve my issue by setting spybot not to warn me when it blocks something.(edit)

Hoi

MSMittens.

I feel you should strongly advise against these popups.

No users no forum. no forum no information. no information no product and no visits.

Stop it JUP. theres already enough clutter without popups !

I for one will stop visiting here if they start putting popups on pages.
    Especially ones they deny existance of and ones for surveys offering cash especially.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    LOL, I got *another* one of those damn $500 pop ups this morning.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I feel you should strongly advise against these popups.
    I have. I'll poke intmon again about it. He may not be aware (like me) that they are becoming more and more frequent (I use a popup/ad blocker so I never see them)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I use a popup/ad blocker so I never see them
    Its not the point. When do you hear me complain about anything ?

I usually don't care but I don't want to have to compromise my Browsers stability by suppresing rubbish on sites I enjoy.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Sigh. I think you're missing my point. I have no idea as to how bad it is because of the popup/ad blocker. As such, I can only guage by what people tell me.

I have just sent a note off to intmon to see if he can look into it. Since it is rather early here in North America you will need some patience.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

just to help you gauge the problem, here is what has happened to me (i use ie and no popup blockers at work, and i allow popups from AO so i can get the PM's open in a new window)

yesterday 1 popup at 12:37pm, left for about 3 hours and then i got another one at 3:49pm

today, 1 popup at 6:47am and another at 6:58...

other than that, yesterday i had visited about 5 times -- 2 in the AM and 1 in the evening

[edit] add another popup to today's count at 7:07 -- also, as stated earlier, it seems to be caused by the centrino ad [/edit
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I'm on my 5th in 45 minutes..... Nice going JupM..... Please warn me before you start spamming me so I can blacklist you at the inbound filter.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides