Stop the Pop Ups
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the Pop Ups

Stop the Pop Ups

I think we should let our opinions be known before JupM begins selling our emails addresses and implements other marketing strategies other than harmless banners.

I didnt recieve any pop-ups ? Maybe cuz im using firefox. let me open AO in IE....

still no pop-ups, let's disable the pop-blocking google toolbar

still no pop-ups....lesson from post, dont use IE, and if u use it, use a toolbar

btw: Soda, i used to ahve pop ups when i came to AO once, turned out to be spyware ....

Huson Mt.
    In answer to both threads about this.....I haven't received any pop-ups or pop-unders.
    Of course I use Firefox (latest release) and Proxomitron, so it would be unlikely for any to get through.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I have no adware on this box. I got the pop up in Fox and Kmeleon as well. It wasn't every time either, it was random on page loads and exits.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA
    I think we should let our opinions be known before JupM begins selling our emails addresses and implements other marketing strategies other than harmless banners.
    Before you start panicking, you might want to read the Privacy Policy which is there to protect you. This "campaign" seems to be an overreaction to a single incident, IMHO.

We do not collect and evaluate this information for specific individuals. Our Web servers do not automatically record e-mail addresses of the visitors.

We maintain a strict "No-Spam" policy that means that we do not sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third-party, without your consent or as permitted by this Privacy Policy.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

United Kingdom: Bridlington
    Hey Soda~

You are a chosen one.............they never send me any pop ups........

I do look at some of the Ads..........well that's what they are there for? is in the AUP.......I am allowed......what are the pop ups about? like what do they advertise?

That is a serious question, as I have never seen any...............nor have I had an invite to this conference room thingy.............maybe I smell?

Chill bro

I wasn't expecting to be taken seriously :/.... I thought the "campaign" was funny!

anyhooo... MsM I think jupM blocked my IP... I'll pm you.

I checked your profile, and everything seems fine, Soda... I can't imagine JUPM banning your IP, either

nihil- a small pop up with this image

BTW- I don't use pop up blockers. I dont wan't symptoms of any sort of malware to be hidden. I want to know when my system is infected.

And yeah, I can't access AO w/o using a proxy. And I am pretty sure I am clean of malware. Neg, I pm'ed you why I think I'm blocked.

I want to know when my system is infected
    Now thats logic.

Rather than prevention. Cure.