Thread: AO's sponsered ads are setting off spybot

AO's sponsered ads are setting off spybot

it seems that there is something being ported though AO's sponsers ads.
    It looks like the Xeon ad is setting spybot off for double click.
    I got the link to that ad http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/N2613....ord=388161084?
    But it seems the intel ad for centrino may be trying to install or access a spyware known as avanue a. Because of the type of file that the ad was coming though(macromedia shockwave flash) I couldn't find it in the source code to pull it in a window by it self to see if it set of spybot for the same thing. Mabey AO should look into it.

Banned
    Doubleclick is only used to count and track AO-ads. Spybot is known to complain about Doubleclick, but it shouldn't in this case
    Avenue A is another ad-service.

Unless something's changed with the addition of the new pop-ups, there's nothing to be worried about.

spybot is only complaining about it when I view the page though IE (which aslo has the latest flsh/shockwave player installed) I'm not concerned with the double click, cookies are not a concern. but hey just for kicks im turning off the spyblock imuneization feature. And I'll hit two links. The one that sets off as double click and the otherone as well. Then I'll scan. That way I can know exactly what it is. The reason It grabed my attention is that double click has not set of spybot before and I have had to remove avenue a ads from the machines at my office before.

It was going off about cookies. I set it not to warn me when it blocks something.