Democrats Focus Tough-On-Terror Stance

Thread: Democrats Focus Tough-On-Terror Stance

Banned

Democrats Focus Tough-On-Terror Stance

Yeah, democrats are hard on terror, this time line tells it all.(you dont want to go back to carter)

PRESIDENT REAGAN, REPUBLICAN

The day of Reagan's inauguration, the hostages were released.

In 1982, the U.S. Embassy in Beirut was bombed by Muslim extremists.

President Reagan sent U.S. Marines to Beirut.

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut were blown up by Muslim extremists.

Reagan said the U.S. would not surrender, but Democrats threw a hissy fit, introducing a resolution demanding that our troops be withdrawn. Reagan caved in to Democrat caterwauling in an election year and withdrew our troops bombing Syrian-controlled areas on the way out. Democrats complained about that, too.

In 1985, an Italian cruise ship, the Achille Lauro, was seized and a 69-year-old American was shot and thrown overboard by Muslim extremists.

Reagan ordered a heart-stopping mission to capture the hijackers after "the allies" promised them safe passage. In a daring operation, American fighter pilots captured the hijackers and turned them over to the Italians who then released them to safe harbor in Iraq.

On April 5, 1986, a West Berlin discotheque frequented by U.S. servicemen was bombed by Muslim extremists from the Libyan Embassy in East Berlin, killing an American.

Ten days later, Reagan bombed Libya, despite our dear ally France refusing the use of their airspace. Americans bombed Gadhafi's residence, killing his daughter, and dropped a bomb on the French Embassy "by mistake."

Reagan also stoked a long, bloody war between heinous regimes in Iran and Iraq. All this was while winning a final victory over Soviet totalitarianism.

PRESIDENT BUSH I, MODERATE REPUBLICAN

In December 1988, a passenger jet, Pan Am Flight 103, was bombed over Lockerbie, Scotland, by Muslim extremists.

President-elect George Bush claimed he would continue Reagan's policy of retaliating against terrorism, but did not. Without Reagan to gin her up, even Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher went wobbly, saying there would be no revenge for the
    bombing.

In 1990, Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait.

In early 1991, Bush went to war with Iraq. A majority of Democrats opposed the war, and later complained that Bush didn't "finish off the job" with Saddam.

PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON, DEMOCRAT

In February 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed by Muslim fanatics, killing five people and injuring hundreds.

Clinton, advised by Dick Clarke, did nothing.

In October 1993, 18 American troops were killed in a savage firefight in Somalia. The body
    of one American was dragged through the streets of Mogadishu as the Somalian hordes cheered.

Clinton responded by calling off the hunt for Mohammed Farrah Aidid and ordering our troops home. Osama bin Laden later told ABC News: "The youth ... realized more than before that the American soldier was a paper tiger and after a few blows ran in defeat." (No Specter Gunships thanks to the almighty wisdom of democrats on the hill) Everyone saw what they did to the terrorist Fallujah.

In November 1995, five Americans were killed and 30 wounded by a car bomb in Saudi Arabia set by Muslim extremists.

In June 1996, a U.S. Air Force housing complex in Saudi Arabia was bombed by Muslim extremists.

Months later, Saddam attacked the Kurdish-controlled city of Erbil.

Clinton, advised by Dick Clarke, lobbed some bombs into Iraq hundreds of miles from Saddam's forces.

In November 1997, Iraq refused to allow U.N. weapons inspections to do their jobs and
    threatened to shoot down a U.S. U-2 spy plane.

In February 1998, Clinton threatened to bomb Iraq, but called it off when the United Nations said no.

On Aug. 7, 1998, U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim extremists.

On Aug. 20, Monica Lewinsky appeared for the second time to testify before the grand jury.

Clinton responded by bombing Afghanistan and Sudan, severely damaging a camel and an aspirin factory.

On Dec. 16, the House of Representatives prepared to impeach Clinton the next day.

Clinton retaliated by ordering major air strikes against Iraq, described by the New York Times as "by far the largest military action in Iraq since the end of the Gulf War in 1991."

The only time Clinton decided to go to war with anyone in the vicinity of
    Muslim fanatics was in 1999 when Clinton attacked Serbians who were fighting Islamic
    fanatics.

In October 2000, our warship, the USS Cole, was attacked by Muslim extremists.

PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH, REPUBLICAN

Bush came into office telling his national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, he was "tired

of swatting flies" he wanted to eliminate al-Qaida.

On Sept. 11, 2001, when Bush had been in office for barely seven months, 3,000 Americans were murdered in a savage terrorist attack on U.S. soil by Muslim extremists.

Since then, Bush has won two wars against countries that harbored Muslim fanatics, captured Saddam Hussein, immobilized Osama bin Laden, destroyed al-Qaida's base, and begun to create the only functioning democracy in the Middle East other than Israel. Democrats opposed it all except their phony support for war with Afghanistan, which they immediately complained about and said would be a Vietnam quagmire. And now they claim to be outraged that in the months before 9-11, Bush did not do everything Democrats opposed doing after 9-11.

Flip-flop see you at the waffle house!

Viewer Discretion Advised!

Bush on terror footage

The only time Clinton decided to go to war with anyone in the vicinity of

Muslim fanatics was in 1999 when Clinton attacked Serbians who were fighting Islamic

fanatics.
    I'm sorry friend but you're wrong, 2 words, Bosnia AND Kosovo. Ethnic Cleansing...lets give credit where its due They weren't extremist, they were just muslim and they were being cleansed by the Serbians. The Kosovo Albanians were being cleansed just because they were Albanian.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    They weren't extremist, they were just muslim and they were being cleansed by the Serbians
    Er.... I think that was imitation's point.... the discussion is about terrorism not genocide. So, no credit is really due, Clinton did nothing against terrorism even though he described Al Quaeda as an "Urgent threat". Clinton was a "popularity" president. Things that are difficult or not likely to gain favor in the polls simply wouldn't be done. Fighting terrorism is difficult and could cause the poll numbers to dip so they were set aside for the next president to deal with. Politics as usual......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

!mitation~

You should not have to hide a post in "Cosmos"..............I would guess that you can say what you like, so long as the language isn't too blue?

Ten days later, Reagan bombed Libya, despite our dear ally France refusing the use of their airspace. Americans bombed Gadhafi's residence, killing his daughter, and dropped a bomb on the French Embassy "by mistake."
    You used a base in Lincolnshire (just down the coast from me) to fly your F-111s from...............and as for the "mistake"..........hell, I have put one in the 8 ring now and then...........and I certainly meant it to go in the "x"....

As for the "Rice woman"...........a proper Christian name is required.............."brown", "shortgrain", "basmati"........whatever ................isn't a condominium a sort of block of appartments?

The biggest mistake on Earth is to take politicians seriously

my thoughts

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    I think we should bomb the French a bit more often.... Just to keep them on their toes.....

The F111's also departed from Upper Heyford IIRC.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Banned
    Originally posted by Nihil
    You should not have to hide a post in "Cosmos"..............I would guess that you can say what you like, so long as the language isn't too blue?
    He must be under the impression that hidden posts don't need quote citations...

Upper Heyford, nice place wayyy the hell out there. Closed like a lot of UK bases to American forces during Clinton's super cuts. I thought they flew out of RAF Lakenheath and it's partner base. ummmm Mildenhall? Ah well memory is going and I am not really that old. I think the free radical beer particles are affecting me?

Best milkshakes right off the base in Mildenhall though. The ONLY reason dems are supporting any position on terrorism is because they have no choice and they will hand the entire "business" over to the United Nations. They (U.N) are very efficient at passing resolutions banning things 24 times and setting up commitees on Aids but that's about it.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    Originally posted here by nihil
    !mitation~
    I made the post hidden because of the war on terror footage(Fullujah), some might find 30-40 hostile terror fiends annihilated with one 500lb JDAM disturbing.

Originally posted here by Negative

He must be under the impression that hidden posts don't need quote citations...
    *sigh*Google head
    That was an idiotic gesture, but whatever makes you fill better about the situation, I guess?

http://www.anncoulter.org/columns/2004/033104e.htm Is the correct link.

Banned
    Heh... did I quote a reprint again? I should have known that reprints don't count... tsk tsk me...

Oh wait.. the reprint I linked to mentioned the author... you conveniently left that part out.

A copy and paste without reference always makes me feel warm inside

Banned
    Originally posted here by Negative
    A copy and paste without reference always makes me feel warm inside
    That is sad!