Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: regarding online gaming

Did it not ever cross your mind that his friend may have already played it to death and may not be attempting to play it at the same time as him? As far as I am aware, it is an old game (considering I bought it years ago...unless it was another game called age of empires II) which might indicate why his friend lent it to him. Perhaps he has already got enough pleasure from staring at the box and decided that he might as well lend it to someone else. So tell me, did that not ever cross your mind?
    Its not an old game, it was released in November of 2002. You are thinking of Age of Empires which was released in 1997. Age of Empires 2 is also called Age of Kings.

Custom User
    I know...trust me, I've got Age of Kings. A game released in 2002 is an old game. I'm not saying that people wouldn't be playing it anymore or anything like that, I'm just pointing out the fact that the guy's friend probably grew tired of it or something, and also that it isn't a crime to lend someone your game, nor to borrow a game from someone.

ac

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by gothic_type
    Did it not ever cross your mind that his friend may have already played it to death and may not be attempting to play it at the same time as him? As far as I am aware, it is an old game (considering I bought it years ago...unless it was another game called age of empires II) which might indicate why his friend lent it to him. Perhaps he has already got enough pleasure from staring at the box and decided that he might as well lend it to someone else. So tell me, did that not ever cross your mind?

I realise that my legal knowledge is slightly more limited than yours, and that I did not get all the details exactly correct in my original post, but what I was attempting to do was defend jhgrew from the paranoia that seems to infect antionline. Without even giving him the benefit of the doubt you simply assumed that he had pirated a copy of the game. You didn't even ask him why his friend had given him it, nor if his friend was still using it at the same time as him. From your first post, it would seem that if I gave one of my friends one of my gamecube games to try out that I would be breaching copywrite.

ac
    Gothic-

Get off your high horse. What the hell does piracy have to do with paranoia? Honestly. OH NO! He copied a game! His intentions must be evil. He's going to blow up the world!

Actually, my first post was nothing remotely similar to that. All I did was say he pirated the game. Did I flame him? No. Did I neg him? No. Did I tell him to piss off and die? No.

How is this indicative of paranoia?

And your Gamecube scenario is completely different. You cannot copy a gamecube game into the gamecube to play it later. You need the disk to play it. Therefore, piracy is not an issue. It becomes an issue only when it's copied or installed more times than the EULA provides for.

It's clear that you're going to continually miss my point, So this is where I end. Enjoy the mountain that once was a molehill...

And I hope you feel better getting those negs off your chest
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Since i continue to play that **** (and love it), here is some tips (sum up of other posts):

- when you start playing at gamee zone, it will try to detect a copy of game to launch it. You must have the cd on unit (dont use those skip cd hacks)
    - sometimes message appears but you did everything right. So lunch game first and AFTER join a game. Use to work
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

And your Gamecube scenario is completely different. You cannot copy a gamecube game into the gamecube to play it later. You need the disk to play it. Therefore, piracy is not an issue. It becomes an issue only when it's copied or installed more times than the EULA provides for.
    Actually here too you will require the original CD to run the Game..........Having it being installed in more than one location will not break the EULA ........as it would still require the Original CD.to run it so single User Licance is maintained.

"FREE HJACK?" ... Where can I get some???
    lookig for the .Gif Right Click on my Signature and Click on Save to Disk..there you go......

And jhgrew i have a Question the CD you Lent from your Friend is it original. Microsoft Ensemble Studio CD. Check it should have a Microsoft or Ensemble Studio3D Hologram on it......I have learned that there is a issue with the Pirated Copes that does not allow Multiplayer Mode to detect your installation.......

--Good Luck--

I would guess from the fact that he said he "borrowed" the CD from his friend that his friend did NOT transfer the license to him. Never the less, it all depends on what the license agreement says.

Anyways, instead of arguing with everyone about what might, could, should be the case, we could let jhgrew tell us his situation.

JHgrew: Just because you didn't copy the CD doesn't mean its not a pirated copy. If you install Windows on 100 PCs from one CD with 1 license key, you are pirating it. A copy of the CD does not have to be made. Also, does your friend still play this game?

I would venture to say this could be solved by one of two options.

First, this is a copy protection feature that is put into the game to stop people from pirating it. If this is the case, then there probably isn't much you can do.

Second, there is something misconfigured causing it to not detect the game being installed. If this is the case I'm sure there is information out there about this error.

He does not have the original CD. He "borrowed" the CD and gave it back. The game requires the original installation CD to be IN the drive. Therefore, if he does not have the original CD it's a COPY and his friend has the original or he lost it. In either case there is a modified executable you can download. Search for Age of Empire CD fix and find it outside AO.

//Edit may be first post in GCC. Was lured here by the "tide"s
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.