Thread: Trouble Installing VB6

Trouble Installing VB6

A couple months ago I installed VB6 Working Model Edition...yesterday I decided to install a cracked version of VB6 Enterprise...I had tons of problems with the install, and finally decided just to reinstall Working Model Edition. It is going along fine, and then suddenly it spits out an error message that says:

The instruction "0x77f83aed" referenced memory at "0x0057005c". The memory could not be "written".

I hope I posted this in the write forum...if not, my apologies. I'm running WinXP if that helps...in advance, thanks!

The best thing to do is to uninstall any instance of either program from your computer. I would suggest checking you registry for unremoved values with norton utilities and then try reinstalling.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

Ok, I will, but I think it's just something wrong with my RAM now, because I got the Windows is Low On Virtual RAM error message a couple minutes ago, and I'm getting this same error message when I try to run other programs...

Check your swap size and make sure it is at a proper level. (virtual apging file) Its in System / advanced /performance settings / advanced. Should be somewhere around 750 and above.
    Ben Franklin said it best. \"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

BANNED
    I think you should do a couple of things to check your system for viruses and trojans. Using cracked software is dangerous. Especially if you just get it from random places on the internet. Or maybe what other people have told me is wrong. Anyone else shed some light on this for me.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Yeah, I know it's dangerous, but it wasn't from a random location...I know some other people who use it from the same location perfectly fine.

BANNED
    Well it's also illegal and pirating software is an insult to the people who spend their time coding it.
    It's pretty much stealing something they worked hard for. Sorry if I'm coming off as an a-hole.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...