Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird

Weird

I attached a picture of it, there's a small box in the upper left corner of my screen, when i click on it nothing happens, when i point the mous on it, the mouse arrow changes to a resize arrow ....is this some sort of a secuirty issue, virus ? trojan ?spyware ? i have to go to work now, i'll scan my computer for everything tonight, and post again, if somebody knows what this is , please reply

very weird !

Ok i looked at the process list and some process i didnt have running earlier appeared,

mshta.exe
    mshta - mshta.exe - Process Information

Process File: mshta or mshta.exe
    Process Name: Microsoft HTML Application Host
    Description: Application that is used to run HTA files in Windows. The application is loaded as soon as an .HTA application needs to run and then terminates when the application completes.
    Company: Microsoft Corp.
    System Process: No
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
    Common Errors: N/A

wonder how it got here in the first place

when i point the mous on it, the mouse arrow changes to a resize arrow
    Well, resize it, and see what it turns into.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I'd take moxnix's advice and for a little of my own: You might have wallpaper that doesn't fit your current desktop and could be resized? Not sure, but definitely click on it and let us know what happen's.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about that mshta file either.
    Space For Rent.. =]

maybe its some little prank from scriptkiddie18

WATCH OUT! IT'S A VIRUS! DON'T CLICK ON IT OR IT WILL DELETE YOUR HARD DRIVE THEN BURN IT UNTIL IT'S RENDERED USELESS THEN IT WILL FRY THE CPU AND THE MOTHERBOARD! AHH!

Well, resize it, and see what it turns into.
    Come on guys, you know i tried that the first time ...sorry for the confusion,, in the second post i meant that the process was related to the box, when i ended it the box dissapeared.....

This is new exploit in IE if I am not mistaken. It is a javascript code that allow the writer to drop a window to the corner of your desktop. I read something along these lines on bugtraq a while back but I can' t find the link. Try and resize it and see if you are a winner!
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

Try and resize it and see if you are a winner!
    As i said in my previous post, i did try and resize it, nothing happens.....hm i did use IE for a search today .... may be that it is some IE exploit.... they were pr0n pages, so it probably did come from that ....

i once had that on my computer, i had kinda figured it had something to do with my popup blocker, does it appear for a little while then dissappear again??????

have you installed any popupblockers or any other programs???? (just a thought)
    you said that there were some prossess running that you did not recignize. go to msconfig and see if there is anything that should not be in there, if your not sure place a list here and we will weed through them for you.....

not to question the other peoples answers but i was wondering why IE would intigrat itself into a little object at the top corner of the screen?????

_______edit___

woops, i just read through the form a little more closely and found you had solved your own problem.......