Decided the % of AP you punch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided the % of AP you punch

AO French Antique News Whore

Decided the % of AP you punch

I think Senior don't punch AP because their punch is very high. Could we make it so we decided how much % we want to punch from our maximum?

I don't want to punch my max greenie to someone all the time and same thing for negging.

Default Value in % should be 100.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

See, this doesn't affect me at *all* but this topic has come up at least 10 times in the past and we *still* don't have that option. That would be a huge benefit to the heavy hitters cuz sometimes they just want to balance out somebody who's been wrongly negged and they can't cuz it'll give 'em like 4 extra dots! (exaggeration....but you get the point). Or they just want to show a little bit of appreciation for a post...

Or maybe just four settings?

Very Negative = -100 %
    Negative = -50%
    Postive = +50 %
    Very Positive = +100%

Neutral no assignment.

How is one to know how much "punch" their APs pack anyway?
    It changes all the time I thought?
    I never paid it much attention...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Well, in the formula, you just add a variable at the end that multiple with the % from the a label that was send by the user? Pretty easy no?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Sounds like an idea to me... Wouldn't do much for me, but I can certainly see how it would make sense.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I like this idea but mnstrgrl has been implementing some suggestions shortly after it is posted and other suggestions will have to wait until the upgrade is done or she has the ok from her boss to do it.

Banned
    How is one to know how much "punch" their APs pack anyway?
    It changes all the time I thought?
    I never paid it much attention...
    The amount of AntiPoints you pack is, amongst other factors no doubt, determined by the forum the AntiPoints are given (tech-forums count for more than non-tech forums), your AntiPoint balance, and of course the amount of AntiPoints you have yourself.

The only way to found out is to PM the "receiver" before you hand out your AntiPoints, ask him to check his/her total, then hand out your Points, and have him/her tell you the result

Originally posted here by Negative
    The only way to found out is to PM the "receiver" before you hand out your AntiPoints, ask him to check his/her total, then hand out your Points, and have him/her tell you the result
    I just check the "Antipoints assigned" thing in my AP center before and after.

*edit*
    Heh - can you imagine PMing a newbie with "Ok, I'm about to neg the sh*t out of you so I want you to see how many points you have now, and then tell me how many I assigned to you, m'kay?"

Or you could look at how many antipoints you have given out before you greenie or neg the post and then after go back and look at them again and that will tell you.

I like the suggestion, particularly phishphreek's version. I think that would be easier and more of an effiecient implementation of the idea.
    Space For Rent.. =]