?Silent my modem?

Thread: ?Silent my modem?

?Silent my modem?

Like 2 months ago when i would dial up on my modem 1 day it just went silent no dial tone or noise... My friend said it may be spyware or something but i was not sure but then i wiped my hard drive and the dam loud noises came back is there any possible way to make it silent but on purpose this time? TY please help... TY

If you go into the properties of your dial up connection there is a check box that will toogle your modem speaker on or off.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

What you can do is go into the control panel double click on system then to device manager expand the tree on your modem then right click on your modem then select properties then select the modem tab and turn down the speaker volume.

Sometimes that doesnt work, i used to have AOL (2 days ago ) if you have AOL there was an option in setup to turn off the modem volume....if ur using another ISP, try looking at some options there ....

(DeadAddict) Ty it worked so good and know it is cool and quit TY