Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adaware & Firefox

Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Now all we need is Firefox to be installed by default on window's and life would be better
    And on top of that, IE would NOT be installed at all. :P

I must agree, I haven't seen any more spyware for a while. (Though its only been two days, but then again, I'm used to getting infected using IE withing 5 minutes of browsing, lol)

Posted by:KorpDeath Plus the spoofstick is great for newbies. It lets them know that haven't been redirected to a site they didn't intend on going to in the first place.
    I was wondering, KorpDeath, where this was? I took a look through the options, but was unable to find it. (Is it built-in somewhere?) Perhaps I'm just being blind and stupid as I just woke up...? At least Firefox isn't groggy first thing in the morning! :P

Dave
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

Originally posted here by dstevens1958
    And on top of that, IE would NOT be installed at all. :P

I must agree, I haven't seen any more spyware for a while. (Though its only been two days, but then again, I'm used to getting infected using IE withing 5 minutes of browsing, lol)

I was wondering, KorpDeath, where this was? I took a look through the options, but was unable to find it. (Is it built-in somewhere?) Perhaps I'm just being blind and stupid as I just woke up...? At least Firefox isn't groggy first thing in the morning! :P

Dave
    It's a plugin you can download. Go to "tools" "extensions" Down at the bottom, "get more extensions" and take a look at all the extensions you can add. Enjoy.

*edit* Just go here.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

adware...psh....just do wget www.antionline.com then vi the antionline.hmtl file, no popupls or nothing.,

I know firefox is great and all but if you have a lot (like, say, 5) tabs open at a time, it realy starts gettin [flip]slow[/flip]
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents on FIREFOX, i installed it a few weeks ago! And after 2 days of using it IE went out the WINDOW! Great plugins and it also has my favorite shortcut ctrl+enter! Im pushing for the browser to be in our next Build for our section! So slowly but surely FIREFOX is winning over my IT department

i like using spoofstick and the yahoo campanion bar on firefox
    Theres a nice plugin for firefox to search the spybot website
    You can get it at http://www.safer-networking.org/en/news/2004-02-05.html
    (im a big fan of spybot sd)
    Well...its not gonna get much better than linux!