screen saver in win 2000

Thread: screen saver in win 2000

Banned

Angry screen saver in win 2000

ok this questiion may be a bit aggrevating but plz read on

in windows 2000, after booting up the computer you get a screen where you are asked to enter alt+ctrl+del, user name,p/w and stuff like that ya , every moring i get up switch my computer on and do my stuff(you know) it usally take me 10 to 20 mins beforei come back to my P.C and i still find the same screen stating "press alt+ctrl+del" blah,blah but what i mean to say is this thing is gonna kill my screen !! where is the screen saver , its 10 mins and it is not out yet

the bottem line is is there any way that i can change the speed the screen saver pops in the the login command ,same implies for win xp too....

thanx for your time

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

Start your Computer ........Trun your Monitor Off ...there should be a small button on the monitor to turn it off....go do your stuff.......come back and turn the monitor On.........

The Screen Saver at the alt+ctrl+del Should appear on the same as specified in the screen saver setting or is it diferent........just remembered in WindowsNT .......there is a diffferent screen Saver as to what is specified in the Display setting.........it uses it;s own screen saver .........Flickering the Alt+Ctrl +Del Screen here and there.......don't know with Windows 2000 actually my 2000 box loggs in Automatecally without waiting for me to log in ....

--Good Luck--

AO French Antique News Whore
    ScreenSaver don't pop until you are login in Windows. (I could be wrong)

What I does know is the power option "Turn off Monitor" do work when you are NOT login.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Yourdeadin,

Valid questions and all that, but I have not seen a burnt/damaged screen for 20 years!!!

what i mean to say is this thing is gonna kill my screen !!
    I think that modern screens are much more robust, so I really would not worry about it, from the point of view of "screensaving"

Cheers

Banned
    well yes and no i can turn off the moniter but like ......................isn't there another way out i am getting a bit fuzzy ain't I

swordfish could you tellme exactly how your win 2000 automatically logins for you coz i nvr seen or heard like wise about such a trick or a tweak as you might state , i too may start using it ,this could be the solution :-)

i agree with nihil but ...................i love my box ,yes todays moniters are robust and tough , but i also do a lot of work in photoshop where i do need .....................boy am i getting fuzzy .......i hope you know what i mean i don't want to risk it and more over the gaurentee period of my computer has ran out so ........
    thanx any way

AntiOnline n00b
    Hi

swordfish could you tellme exactly how your win 2000 automatically logins for you coz i nvr seen or heard like wise about such a trick or a tweak as you might state , i too may start using it ,this could be the solution :-)
    Download Tweak UI From here Tweak UI 1.33

Install it.........Go to the Logon Tab in it Check " Log on Automatically at startup" Fill in your User Name and Password you wish to log in with .........There ya go

--Good Luck--

Hi yourdeadin,

The obvious solution is not to switch your machine on until you are ready to use it.

But I really believe that you need not worry. The original usage of computers on a large scale was for data entry in accounts and sales departments etc. This involved filling out standard "forms" that remained on the screen all day and eventually got burnt into the phosphor coating on the screen..............like after 3 or 4 years. Hence the idea of "screensavers"

A modern colour screen has three scanning guns, and is quite different technology, from the old "green screen" monochrome devices.

I have seen plenty of "dead" screens (particularly Packard Bells!!!) but I have not seen a colour one with a ghost image etched into it

Anyway, just think about it, your wallpaper and icons will have far more effect than the Win2K login panel?

As I said, you really don't have anything to worry about..............I have several ex-corporate screens that are between 6 and 10 years old, and are in perfect condition.

Cheers

Banned
    thanx , now one more question , how do you close a thread once your quiery is finished ?pls lemme knw as i got 3 threads to close
    cheers to you nihil

AO French Antique News Whore
    You cannot close! I ask for it in feature request but I got a negatif answer so the thread just keeping going on and on and on!
    -Simon \"SDK\"