Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Music

Music

Just wondering if anyone here other than MJK and me are deeply interested in Rock and Roll and/or plays guitar/bass/drums?

What kind of stuff do you guys listen to?

I listen to about every type of rock there is, from classic to heavy metal.

My favorite bands are Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult, Tool, and AC/DC.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

I play bass and guitar. I like almost everything but that new R&B sh*t, and country. So that leaves all types of rock, all types of metal,all types of punk (MISFITS!!!!!), all types of classical, etc. etc.

My favorite bassists are Cliff Burton (R.I.P.), flea, les claypool, geddy lee. What else?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Misfits rock. Flea is the best bassist ever IMO...

What bass/guitar(s) do you have? I own a crappy bass right now that I'm learning on and I'm buying the peavey exm guitar within the next week.

Yea I can't stand R&B type of stuff and country just rubs me the wrong way.
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

In a previous life, one marraige and divorce ago, I had a sweet Rickenbacker 4003, Trace Elliot head with a mesa boogie cabinet, really nice. The love of my life, unfortunately, i had to sell it to pay for the divorce and child custody crap. I have a little six string acoustic right now I screw around with.

If you like slap then it's Les first, then Flea, but the best ever IMO is Cliff. No one could rip like Cliff.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I own a fender Jag and several drum machines including four sweet tables.

Awesome. Korp, how much did you pay for your rickenbacker?

Have either of you ever played the Peavey BXP? It's like an entry level guitar, right around $200 and I'm wondering if it's worth the money... It's got humbuckers and 2 single pickups, so it is good in that dept...

Banned
    I gots to disagree here
    Ask Flea who the best bass-player in the world was, ask Burton who it was (don't ask him... he's dead), and they'll all say in unisono: Jaco Pastorius. He was faster than Flea/Burton will ever be, he was more inventive than Flea/Burton will ever be, he was more technical than Flea/Burton will ever be... ask them :/

Oh... little live demo... he must've been drunk... The Weather Report - Jaco Pastorius

But then again: Johnny Ramone is the best guitar player in the world. BIG TIME!

Originally posted here by The Grunt
    Awesome. Korp, how much did you pay for your rickenbacker?

Have either of you ever played the Peavey BXP? It's like an entry level guitar, right around $200 and I'm wondering if it's worth the money... It's got humbuckers and 2 single pickups, so it is good in that dept...
    Well, I think I paid around $1000 for it. I had some customizations done to it, though. Because of dual truss rods that thing NEVER came out of tune. Even when I took it outside on cold nights to do some backyard gigs, I was the only one not retuning before the set. The best thing about that bass was you could beat the holy sh*t out of it and it always sounded great. Of course it weighed 35 lbs but who's counting? j/k but it was heavy.

Neg, no doubt, Jaco was great. More inventive than burton? I don't know about that. Two seriously different styles. Something about Jaco's style just never grabbed my attention.

Burton inspired me, Jaco didn't. Eh, to each his own.
    - Samuel Johnson

Blast From the Past
    metallica
    rammstein
    slipknot
    pink floyd
    led zepplin
    rush
    guns and roses

.....all GREAT bands

anyone here heard of The Faint?....i like em but i have no idea what the are classified as...punk...techno...if you can tell me please do

and who here disliked the metallica cd st.anger?...i love metallcia...but st. anger was disapointing...but being its still metallica it deserves to be recognized....
    well that is the end of my rambeling...il go back to suring the web and ebay now
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

I musta posted in a thread like this a bizillion time's but oh well here it goes (and it's nothing like you guy's): Tupac Shakur, Crooked I, Canibus, Eminem, Ja Rule, BlackChild, Caddillac Tah, Kurupt, any classic Death Row, Lloyd, KRS-One, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, and Kanye West.
    Space For Rent.. =]