uninstall win 2000???

Thread: uninstall win 2000???

Banned

Question uninstall win 2000???

yes i know this is a stupid question and plz don neg me for this,
    but can any one fo you tellme where is the uninstall button in win 2000, i want to uninstall and install redhat in it . help plz, iam not able to locate it ..............

is there any such button at all??

Hey Hey,

You don't uninstall the operating system, you either format (format.com) or delete the partition (fdisk, cfdisk, partition magic, disk druid...etc) or you just install over top. If you want RedHat (I'd suggestion a different Linux distro) on your PC and you currently have an OS installed, just pop in the CD and boot off it. Then just install it over top of Win2K. If you only have one partition, delete it with RedHat's partitioning utility (used to be disk druid not sure what they use now) and create your primary / partition and your swap (you could create additional ones, but that's your choice... if you are new to linux... I'd advise against it until you're a little more experienced with the file system and where files are located/stored)...

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

As HTRegz said, just pop in your RH cd and it will overwrite your hd. RH will also do a basic partioning for you. Just make sure you do not want to save anything, or do a backup of your important files. It will take over the whole hardrive unless you manually do the partioning.

If I was you I would read this part of the partitioning section of the redhat installation manual.
    https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/...partsetup.html

and once you are past that go back and read the rest of the manual

Banned
    well thanx than , it will be i new os when i'll see you again
    as said thanx a lot
    :-)

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Er, watch out for that 30G of "sbsolutley necessary" data you had.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides