Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hit hard with virus's and googles down.

hit hard with virus's and googles down.

we've been gettin hit hard lately with virus's, 2 of our servers just abended and we had to restart, and plus googles down. I dont know if googles down cuz of the same reason but they've been down for a good 20 min. They're homesite it up but you cant do any searches. Anyone else gettin any of this?

Google works fine for me I tried searching with it 4 or 5 times with no problems what so ever.

hmm that sucks, i havent been able to do searches for like 20-30 min. now. i'll clear out my temp. files and cookies and stuff and see if that works. heres a screenshot of the error im gettin.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    If you have unexplained activity at your site it is probably not an appropriate or logical thing to assume that Google went down because you can't get to it......

Just a thought.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

'eh....were up now? im postin arent i? I can search on any other search engine and do everything normal on the internet, i can go through googles languages and tools and all there other subsites but just cant do a simple search, i just thought they're search engine itself would be down.

Google has had parts down due to a new virus attack. The latest MyDoom/Bagle variant is trying to search Google for e-mail addresses, so portions of Google are down to stop that effort dead in its tracks.

For example, I can do a typical google search, but try searching for "@hotmail.com" or even just "hotmail.com", and you'll quickly get a "forbidden" page.

oh ok, well i cant do a typical search of nothing, ive been needing to do searches for answers of why bagle-ai is getting through our virus gateway for our mailservers only to come up with that damn error. Anyone by any chance use gee whiz or netshield for netware 'n groupwise? or just have any info on stopping bagle-ai from the outside period?

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Can you block executables in SMTP at the firewall?

I wasn't even aware of the new virus because I do this as standard practice.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Block or strip the following extensions ".com, .cpl, .exe, .scr, or .zip file extension.", until you can get the situation under control.

Cheers:

ps: why you are letting any executable attachments through your gateway is a mystery to me.
    DjM

thanks for the suggestions, i'll take 'em up with the boss. I looked a while ago at blocking some of those extentions cuz employees should have no business exchanging files like .com or .pif files ya know? i just didnt wanna do it without bringing it up to the boss's attention, but now would be a good time i guess. thanks. it still bothers me though that netshield isnt catching these though, we use netshield to scan them, and its the latest dat. What do most of you guys use?