PETA- Fur is dead ad campaign
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PETA- Fur is dead ad campaign

PETA- Fur is dead ad campaign

Whats worse, Moms wearing fur, or traumatizing children?

I felt awkward reading that flyer... how would a child feel? I can imagine some fanatic peta loving teacher distributing that to their students.

Hmmmmm.....Rabbit Stew........yummmmy. (lethargic eutopia)

Well most of you know my position on PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals)

This would have been a lead in Mad Magazine back in the day and I would have died from laughter.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

This would have been a lead in Mad Magazine back in the day and I would have died from laughter.
    Just making sure you know... that wasn't a spoof peta link... that is a link to an actual peta campaign.

Almost seems like a joke to me.

PETA activists - including cuddly, costumed raccoons and foxes - are making guest appearances outside performances of The Nutcracker across the country this holiday season with a cheeky message of compassion. As children arrive to see the "Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy," some will be unaware that their mothers are already starring in a real-life horror story! PETA will be there to greet any fur-clad moms and their children with their newest anti-fur leaflet-PETA Comics presents..."Your Mommy Kills Animals!"

Kids will see the bloody truth behind their momsí pretentious pelts. Accompanied by graphic photographs of skinned carcasses and animals languishing on fur farms, children will read: "Lots of wonderful foxes, raccoons, and other animals are kept by mean farmers who squish them into cages so small that they can hardly move. They never get to play or swim or have fun. All they can do is cry-just so your greedy mommy can have that fur coat to show off in when she walks the streets."

PETA has got to be one of the most ridiculous, morality-backwards organizations out there.

Saving the animals is noble, but degrading women is perfectly ok. Degrading women as a tool to save animals is even better.

Now they've added violence to their toolbag of marketing gimics. Sex and violence sell, very true.

"Save the animals, screw the people!" Go PETA.

All the more reason I'm a meatitarian.

Blah, I hate PETA badly enough, they are on my "things that I hate" section on my website...

funny picture...

Link to my PETA page

That is horribly sad. Who gives a **** if some animal dies for a fur coat? Most animals reproduce more than the average human, and when animals get killed for their fur it is usually quite painless. Seriously, when an animal is BRED just so you can KILL it for it's fur, who is that hurting? No one. Peta needs to get their head out of their dog/cat/monkey/mink/rabbit/jaguar's ass and use their brain.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--| <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

San Diego
    The PETA folks do need to lay off of a lot of the crap they produce but harvesting animals to make clothing when there are plenty of alternatives is kinda wrong in my book. But, I don't push my beliefs on others as hard as they do.
    P.S. thadbme your website is annoying and spouts a bunch of ignorant crap. The part about hippies, communists, and the french really annoyed the hell out of me.

as a peta member (haven't been active in a while) I can say that alot of the things the organization does are very good for society, however i disagree with them whenever they make posters such as this. You are absolutely evil and sick if you completely do not support peta when they do things such as what i helped with, attempting to stop the horrible treatment of chickens - yeah go there it'll be enlightening for some of you.

I'm a bad peta member though, i eat meat, wear leather shoes, etc. But i still am a major heidegger fan, and despise anthropocentrism, but i can't stop it. Thats one of those "utopian" type things that could never happen. (stopping anthropocentrism, that is) which is basically the fact that humans don't treat the ecosystem equally to their own, for instance having pets, etc.

O well, i'll sit back and watch everyone bicker at me for having an opinion, but do yourselves a favor and don't hate everything peta does, because some of it is for very good reasons. (btw that poster is disgusting and i hope many kids don't see it!)

good muerto, your entitled to an opinion, just as much as anyone else, but thus far I haven't been debated by anyone just yet.

Its in a satirical tone, with the exception of a few pages, and are meant to be funny. Guess you didn't get that.

Well it sounds like you have a more balanced outlook than the rest of PETA does. I think a lot of things going on such as your link describe are horrific. I think something should be done to fix the animal cruelty situation, but it doesn't seem to me PETA's the one to do it. We need a group that can keep themselves focused on the goal at hand without going on the lunatic fringe. I don't believe in vegetarianism or abandoning leather coats, but I do believe we need to do something to show a bit more respect and humanity toward the animal kingdom.

For instance, the rest of the animals we use for our leather coats should be used for food. I don't see what's so hard about that. The animals killed for food should be treated well until their time comes. But making ads and campaigns simply to shock people isn't going to do it. We need to focus more on legislation and truly getting the word out on companies that practice animal abuse.

That's what I think, anyway...