Kerry's Wife Tells Reporter to Shove it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerry's Wife Tells Reporter to Shove it

er0k

Kerry's Wife Tells Reporter to Shove it

Im sure alot of you have seen this article on msn, but i found it quite amuzing

BOSTON - Teresa Heinz Kerry urged her home-state delegates to the Democratic National Convention to restore a more civil tone to American politics, then minutes later told a newspaperman to “shove it.”

“We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics,” the wife of Sen. John Kerry told her fellow Pennsylvanians on Sunday night at a Massachusetts Statehouse reception.

Minutes later, Colin McNickle, the editorial page editor of the conservative Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, questioned her on what she meant by the term “un-American,” according to a tape of the encounter recorded by Pittsburgh television station WTAE.

Heinz Kerry said, “I didn’t say that” several times to McNickle. She then turned to confer with Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell and others. When she faced McNickle again a short time later, he continued to question her, and she replied, “You said something I didn’t say. Now shove it.”

The Pennsylvania delegation was the first to be visited by the wife of Kerry, the presumptive Democratic nominee. Before her encounter with McNickle, she criticized the tenor of modern political campaigns, without being specific.

A spokeswoman for Heinz Kerry later said, “This was sheer frustration aimed at a right-wing rag that has consistently and purposely misrepresented the facts in reporting on Mrs. Kerry and her family.”

Asked about the exchange on CNN’s “American Morning,” Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday, “A lot of Americans are going to say, ’Good for you, you go, girl,’ and that’s certainly how I feel about it.”

Vice President Dick Cheney recently came under criticism for using a four-letter obscenity in an exchange with Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., on the Senate floor. He later was unapologetic about the remark, saying: “I felt better after I said it.”
    source = http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5516476/?GT1=4244

Hey, it's all fair in love and war I say. And that's coming from a conservative.

er0k
    yeah basically the way i look at all this is, someone publicizes these things for other reasons than simply news. I believe that both parties, democratic and republican both look for events such as this one to attack the other, or even try to set them up, and try to get the public against the other.

Oh heavens no! A presidental canidates wife is flawed! Oh whatever shall we do? Personally if I were her, I would be telling these reporters to F off.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

She was absolutely correct in telling that reporter to shove it. #1 the reporter was being a jackass putting words in her mouth, and mis-interpreting what she said.

er0k
    yeah.. nearly every *big* politician's wive's or families are brought into their campaigns, terms, etc. its sad really. I mean, wtf does Kerry's wife have to do with him being president... nothing. anything to blind the american people. No one else notices that when we have a democrat in office, the economy somehow gets better.. we don't typically go to war.. and the country is simply a better place to live in. Generally and i mean generally the people who are strong conservatives are the angry, if not just *******ish hicks/business owners/profiteering mogels/ - generally people the general populous doesn't like too much as humans.

Don't get me wrong, my mom and dad are both conservatives.. and they are good people. So if you are conservative don't take offence if you dont fall into those categories.

Hell you can call me a "wussy ass tree hugger" or something cute like that.

I say it's just a reason to vote *for*...her. Tho I'm still debating about who to actually vote for.

er0k
    i wish i could vote for nader.. but that will just help bush. so i must vote for kerry.. at least that'll cancel my mom's vote out! :P

I believe that both parties, democratic and republican both look for events such as this one to attack the other
    I have to regrettably agree on that one. My own party can be guilty of that at times, which is something I take no pride in. I don't see any point in it. I think we have enough going to compete effectively without stooping to such levels. But, that is the statis quo of American politics. Go fig.

Hey, shouldn't this be over in Cosmos though?

er0k
    well i didn't intend for this to be an argument type thread... more of just an article, for general discussion. go to my other thread about Bush which is in the cosmos to argue or whatever. But neg or someone can move it if they find it appropriate.