Thread: Add msconfig to Windows 2000

Add msconfig to Windows 2000

Most users know that msconfig comes installed on windows 98 Me Xp Etc but it is no where to be found in windows 2000.

So with this trick you can install it in windows 2000 and change what programs start up etc.

First thing you need to do is browse or search for msconfig.exe, you may have to go to the folder options and check the (show hidden files and folders and the other two options under that) once you have found it make a copy of the file
    Then copy the msconfig file into the following directory in windows 2000 C:\winnt\system32 then go to run and type in msconfig and change what files startup Etc

thats retty nice and real simple too, if i had win2k i would have done that right now
    ...so pretty much you could manually install many other components that win2k doesnt have, now that u mention installing stuff like msconfig on win2k...i was wondering if it would be possible to install the 'systeminfo' command in command promt on WinXP home

do you need to copy it from a windows xp system, or is it already present in windows 2000?
    this might be usefull to clear out in your trick for other users...

just a thought....

but nice trick b.t.w

supposidely it is on the win2k cd somewhere, but i always just copy it out of winxp, it is also available online here:
    [gloworange]find / -name \"*your_base*\" -exec chown us:us {} \\;[/gloworange] [glowpurple]Trust No One[/glowpurple][shadow] Use Hardened Gentoo [/shadow]
    CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS, AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM

yea or pretty much google it and it would be no problem finding that file online

Hi there,
    i too wrote an article related to msconfig in win2k..
    interested users can look here
    Few links for msconfig like utilities r also provided..

well i guess you are right .its there.