9/11 Report
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Report

9/11 Report

We've heard and discussed a lot (to death at times ) about those in their present occupation of government and the events leading to 911 where terrorists attacked and killed an entire city of glass, in one quick swoop. The report has been released to the public. It's 10 a copy if you can get one or free for download at the GPO. Have fun, read it and learn.

9/11 Report in it's full 585 page volume.

//EDIT It's pretty amazing and was written so that us normal folk could read it and understand it's message.

Some snippets of history
    After the attacks had occurred, while crisis managers were still sorting out a number of unnerving false alarms,Air Force One flew to Barksdale Air Force Base in Louisiana. One of these alarms was of a reported threat against Air Force One itself, a threat eventually run down to a misunderstood communication
    in the hectic White House Situation Room that morning.1 While the plan at the elementary school had been to return to Washington, by the time Air Force One was airborne at 9:55 A.M. the Secret Service, the President’s advisers,and Vice President Cheney were strongly advising against it. President Bush reluctantly acceded to this advice and, at about 10:10, Air Force One changed course and began heading due west.The immediate objective was to find a safe location—not too far away—where the President could land and speak to the American people.The Secret Service was also interested in refueling the aircraft and paring down the size of the traveling party.The President’s military aide, an Air Force officer, quickly researched the options and, sometime around 10:20, identified Barksdale Air Force Base as an appropriate
    interim destination.2 When Air Force One landed at Barksdale at about 11:45, personnel from the local Secret Service office were still en route to the airfield.The motorcade consisted of a military police lead vehicle and a van;the proposed briefing theater had no phones or electrical outlets. Staff scrambled to prepare another room for the President’s remarks, while the lead Secret Service agent reviewed the security situation with superiors in Washington.The President completed his statement, which for security reasons was taped and not broadcast live, and the traveling party returned to Air Force One.The next destination was discussed: once again the Secret Service recommended against returning toWashington, and the Vice President agreed.Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska was chosen because of its elaborate command and control facilities, and because it could accommodate overnight lodging for 50 persons. The Secret Service wanted a place where the President could spend several days, if necessary.3

Air Force One arrived at Offutt at 2:50 P.M. At about 3:15, President Bush met with his principal advisers through a secure video teleconference.4 Rice said President Bush began the meeting with the words,“We’re at war,”5 and that Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet said the agency was still assessing who was responsible,but the early signs all pointed to al Qaeda.6That evening the Deputies Committee returned to the pending presidential directive they had labored over during the summer.7 The secretary of defense directed the nation’s armed forces to Defense Condition
    3, an increased state of military readiness.8 For the first time in history, all nonemergency civilian aircraft in the United States were grounded, stranding
    tens of thousands of passengers across the country. Contingency plans for the continuity of government and the evacuation of leaders had been imple-mented.9The Pentagon had been struck;the White House or the Capitol had narrowly escaped direct attack. Extraordinary security precautions were put in place at the nation’s borders and ports. In the late afternoon, the President overruled his aides’ continuing reluctance
    to have him return to Washington and ordered Air Force One back to Andrews Air Force Base.He was flown by helicopter back to theWhite House, passing over the still-smoldering Pentagon.At 8:30 that evening,President Bush addressed the nation from the White House. After emphasizing that the first priority was to help the injured and protect against any further attacks,he said: “We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.” He quoted Psalm 23—“though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death ...”No American,he said,“will ever forget this day.”10
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Banned
    Michael Moore has been reading it, too... sorry, couldn't resist.

Yeah, I notice a lot of buzzwords come off Moore's site as well. If I had time I could put up a site and counter alot and confirm others. But things go unsaid, wish I had his staff. I added some snippits after you posted so I apologize for editing my original post.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

I guess that means Mr. Moore will be running for Pres. then, right? Since that fat, P.O.S. can do a better job.

As far as the 9/11 report goes. I have to finish reading it first. But from what I can tell this situation started well before Bush became pres. he just got the unfortunate distinction of being the sitting pres. when it happened. It's too bad for him and way too good for the opportunistic jackals.

P.S. No, you never have to guess what I'm thinking.

Clinton did dick when it came to rising terrorist threat, oh, except for cowardly lobing cruise missiles into Afghanistan. I almost forgot about that.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Interesting report so far. I just got one thing to say: Where's Conf1rm3d_K1ll when ya need him?

EDIT: Oh yay, 2000th post. Can't believe we made it this far lucy.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Originally posted here by KorpDeath
    But from what I can tell this situation started well before Bush became pres. he just got the unfortunate distinction of being the sitting pres. when it happened. It's too bad for him and way too good for the opportunistic jackals.

i really dont think it was unfortunate for him, im sure he wouldn't have asked for it but he was the right man in the right place at the right time. i think we as a people are lucky he was president at the time, im really glad gore isn't leading us threw this and i think history will show the jackals to be just that.

hearing moore and other jackels tell the bush story is like reading the life of christ as told by the money changers. im not comparing bush to christ but its something we can all understand.

In regard to negs link. moore keeps harping on the saudies flown out of the country. it had been known for some time the OBL was a threat. im sure that each and every one of them had been looked into throughly and watched by the fbi/cia long before 911. why were they rushed out...muslim gas station attendant were beaten by mobs for no reason. i was in view and watching the towers after the first plane hit. i was shocked buts it isnt the first plane to hit a skyscraper. when the second plane hit it didn't look like an airliner it appeared much smaller i thought it was a private jet or news plane not paying attention while circling the first tower for a better look. i mean nobody would fly an airplane into a building. it wasn't for a while that we learned it was terrorists. why didnt bush go wild right away. it was because the truth of what had happened was unbelievable.

moore's every word is an insult and injury to the american people wether they know it or not
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    Moore probably keeps hammering on it because Bush knew before 9/11 that OBL was planning an attack by flying airplanes into buildings (through the Presidential Daily Brief of August 6 of that year).
    Commission Report p. 262 - extract from the 08/06 PDB

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a [---] service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of �Blind Shaykh� 'Umar 'Abd al-Rahman and other US-held extremists.
    Although no concrete information was provided, the possibility was mentioned. And that's what the problem is: there was a report that mentioned the possibility and a little over a month later it actually happens. You say what happened on 9/11 was unbelievable, and I agree. It was unbelievable in the PDB, too. Only a little over a month earlier... What went on in Bush's head? It should've been "DING DONG!!! I read about this!!!"... I don't know what he was actually thinking... maybe he didn't read that part, maybe he didn't remember (and I can't blame him)... but some people should've, no?
    I'd expect at least the CIA or the FBI to remember it. And definitely the people who wrote it?

And then a couple of days later (can't find the exact date... September 13, I think?), the Bin Ladens (24 of them) are allowed to leave the US? AFTER FBI clearing? With permission from the White House?
    You could argue that Osama wasn't among them, but I don't think I would be allowed to leave the country if my brother would come over here and start murdering people...

there was the paper but they were looking for cargo planes coming into the country carrying explosives. the civil air command was training for that possibility. what actually happened was as far removed from that as giant rocks falling from the sky. even hi-jacking a passenger plane and demanding the release of prisoners in no way relates to what happened.

if your brother was a known murderer and you were a know diplomat cleared and watched by the spooks and he got into the country and started murdering people dont you think the folks you were working with here would protect you as we would expect protection in your country.

moore makes it out like bush told his people 'quick, go out and round up all the muslims you can find and fly them to safty no questions asked'. these people were our friends and a taste for blood was building accross the land. beyond that moore insinuates that our government was a part of this conspiracy. a thought thats on a par with the illuminati theory. he's a muck raker making a fortune trying to destroy the american way of life.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

er0k
    Originally posted here by Spyder32
    Interesting report so far. I just got one thing to say: Where's Conf1rm3d_K1ll when ya need him?

EDIT: Oh yay, 2000th post. Can't believe we made it this far lucy.
    ah i miss him being around why'd you have to bring that up bastard.

Negative I don't get what you and Moore wanted to happen? We CANNOT profile Muslims now even after they bashed the world, killed children, hacked heads, blew up trains, and have since been STOPPED perpetrating acts. What would we have done, what if they knew the possibility existed? That is no secret it came out right away that there was a report that terrorists were planning to use planes to some evil purpose, hell they been doing it since the 70s. They couldn't tap them to easy, there are a few example where Janet Reno flat out denied wire taps of the hijackers. Blame her. We couldn't just stop muslims boarding planes, still can't. I am not sure what everyone wanted to happen and why it's so important to place blame. Outside pure hatred for those involved. If Chirac was here, or some other royalty to a country, I would hope the president would get them out somehow. I don't get it but hey I don't hate Saudi Arabia or Jews are Muslims or France or Egypt or anyone. Except the man who will kill me.

//EDIT you will also notice the date on that report of planes it 1998. Clinton and Gore should have completely reformed the entire airline industry I guess?
    West of House