Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I have developed a way to a virus free internet...

Just Another Geek
    gbrowne40: Just for clarity, are you trying to protect agains viruses, worms or trojans? Or all types? I would be very interested to see how you think this could be stopped. You have to remember that all current viruses use current technology. If you can find away to eliminate them "they" will probably create a generation of viruses that thwarts your protection.

Pooh: viri is not a plural for virus. The correct plural is viruses. Viri is Latin for "men" and is the plural of vir (man). There is no Latin plural for the word virus.

There seem to be a lot of people that think you need to exploit a bug to make a virus and/or worm work. This is not the case! Just look at the latest string of viruses like Netsky, Bagle and MyDoom. If someone can pinpoint the bug they're abusing I'd be most gratefull. Also explain to me why you think a Linux/*BSD version of this virus couldn't work.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just wish people would get it into their dumb heads .. the world is Flat.. and the sun revolves around the earth.. And if man was meant to fly he would have been born with wings.. And If a man was to travel faster than 25mph he will surely die..

Currently not proven: but people are searching looking for proof, testing ideas
    Life on other planets
    Intelligent life on other planets
    Sub space Communications
    Warp Drive.
    Tele-portation
    true artifical intelligent machine

All these things are deemed possable by the scientific world..

Do we know ALL there is to be known, dispute that a Internet Free of Viruses is even remotley possable..?

None of us do.. none. But I do know one thing.. and this may support all who disputes this idea.. Nothing that man makes will ever be perfect.. it will have a fault.. But don't let that stop anyone from striving harder to perfect a product or idea.. or to follow a path of thought.

If any of you were once told that something could not be done.. that it was impossable.. and you now know it can because it has been done.. What does that say about the original Idea?

Open your Minds.. I din't think that the AO crew were so narrow mined.. no.. so bloody closed minded

no ideas as to where to start from any..?

.. it is easer to critisise than it is to come up with an original idea..

I hang my head in shame for I to am guilty.. I see now.. when will you
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

We know too little about his idea to validate or criticize. But just the fact that he is not willing to share anymore info about it makes it a little fishy.

Security is a on-going process. The minute a new technology hits the real world there is some yahoo out there that is ready to reverse engineer it and break it. Take a lesson from the world of cryptography. Most of the algorithms that were deemed "unbreakable" are obsolete.

Pre-pay mobile phones - uncrackable security - cracked in 4 days.
    Pre-pay Television - Cracked before release of set top boxes.
    uncopyable mercedes keys - copied within 2 hours

to name but a few.

I'd like to know what has to say gbrowne40... Or if his intention was only create big discussion, like it happened...

gbrowne40,

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but I would like some more information being posted here, in this thread. Many of the members here are professionals, and they've seen plenty of people claiming they have the "cure" for something whom were just BS. We would like to see your plans. You need to understand how how hard of a task your post sounds and the way the Operating Systems are built today, it makes it even harder to completely secure them from viruses. Hope to hear from you soon. Please do not be discouraged by our scepticism.

Ok, some guys here are fast to crush others without a minimum knowledge of their proposal. Just because the guys is new here. yeah, it cant be such thing as space travel....

back to the point, supposing that is an "real" idea and the original post inst intend to scam or create chaos (i have some doubts since poster said nothing after 1st post)

If you an idea and are affraid to be stealed, just get a patent of it first. Even if it is a crap, you can get it registered.

After go the an apropriate forum. By the reactions, ppl here are not ready for this kind of team work.(with the allways exception)

May I suggest an University? After registering (or publishing if you dont want to get money) go for M.S. /P.H.D. guys, on a small College near your home and try.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

My post didnt refer to anyone, I didnt name anyone...

As for curing viruses for ever I think yes at present the idea is hard to fathom and like you say mark transmission methods vary, so yes it would be extremely hard..

A large quantity of inventors that have created revolutionary things in this world werent amazing scientists or stunning engineers, they were normal people with a vision and the ability to implement that vision (thats who he's looking for), I honestly cant imagine what his idea involves - thats why it love to see it so i could pick it apart before i critize him.

Theres something like 175 variations of the common cold, theres no 1 cure to stop it at present. There are research groups working on this. Yes you might argue that theres only 175 where as with computers theres at least 5 viruses released a week, thats why i find the idea hard to believe myself as you need something with the intellengece to notice changing trends and mutations.

The only reason i said about the newbie thing was to many people ignore people who have a vision becuase of there lack of experience, some what unrealted but i think its fits, take Sir James Dyson, Hoover said his Idea would never work and refused to take it on, Its now the best selling vacumn cleaner.

and yes I agree fully with what MK19 and Mark said about cryptography cracking, its human nature to want to solve puzzles but it works both ways, and i beleive defeating viruses is a puzzle. So Id just like to see what he has to say.

i2c

ps: - SirDice, thanks for the stuff on the viri, virus and viruses, truely interesting...I hate modern langauges but i wish id done latin..I find allot of the words in what i do relate to latin and being able to break down a word to figure out what it means its pretty cool.

I have developed a way to a virus free internet...
    That seems a little flawed in logic. Viruses do come from the internet, but also from CDs, Floppies and whatnot. The virus can be downloaded in many ways from the internet, p2p and infected software for example. The user is mainly the weakest link as well, so you would need to take that into consideration. Viruses do not attack your internet, they attack an Operating System. The internet is just their highways.

Please explain yourself better.

Hmm...

This is interesting. From a coder's side. This would be hell to write. The only thing that I could possible think of would be not allowing any code to be added to the machine after it's origional conception.

(Though this would totally make it impossible to change ****, meaning. No new Internet Explorer version. No new software.)

Speaking from a technical side. I don't really think it is ****ing possible. Though I will be honest, you just never know. There have been things that I have seen that made me say, damn before.

This might be one, I personally would sign up and help the guy. If I had enough time.

Just out of curiousity, why post this on AO.

AO isn't really known for it's coder's. There are a couple of us floating around here, but most of the people on AO don't really code often, or at all.