does EarthLink do something funky? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does EarthLink do something funky?

Yea, today's visit will entail the use of fport, I also didn't have a chance to do any reboots yesterday after cleanups -- running all this via VNC (TX to CA) -- I know that'll hinder my efforts. I think I'll also install FireFox to get around any IE poisonings...

Total re-install. Yes, I agree; however, it'll hard to do via VNC! ( I know, I didn't mention that before... )

Thanks for the info on the e-link settings, I won't be so timit now, messing with the configs.

You asked how Earthlink works. I am not sure totally sure but I found something that might give you an idea or at least set you on the path.

EarthLink Wireless High Speed provides access to its customers using Wi-Fi public networks. Instead of deploying its own network infrastructure, EarthLink Wireless High Speed purchases from Wi-Fi hot spot operators on a wholesale basis, integrates these networks together and sells a single service to its customers.

EarthLink Wireless High Speed has the easiest-to-use wireless broadband footprint in the world. Instead of building Wi-Fi networks, EarthLink Wireless High Speed focuses on the complex integration of hundreds of APs around the world into a single service. EarthLink Wireless High Speed markets to, supports and bills the end user.
    Site Article was pulled from

This could very possibly be the reason why you have such a funky configuration.

I agree with the rest when they say do a total reinstall.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    MilitantEidolon,

He's on a dialup (PPP) connection.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Well don't I feel like an ass

I didn't read the whole thread but now I see you stated that prior.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255

I may be tired or old, but what kind of subnet mask is that...............

Doesn't leave much room for users, but there is a SHED load of networks available............
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    No worries. I fux0r things up on a regular basis, why should anyone else be different.

hehe
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden