Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: does EarthLink do something funky?

Yea, today's visit will entail the use of fport, I also didn't have a chance to do any reboots yesterday after cleanups -- running all this via VNC (TX to CA) -- I know that'll hinder my efforts. I think I'll also install FireFox to get around any IE poisonings...

Total re-install. Yes, I agree; however, it'll hard to do via VNC! ( I know, I didn't mention that before... )

Thanks for the info on the e-link settings, I won't be so timit now, messing with the configs.

You asked how Earthlink works. I am not sure totally sure but I found something that might give you an idea or at least set you on the path.

EarthLink Wireless High Speed provides access to its customers using Wi-Fi public networks. Instead of deploying its own network infrastructure, EarthLink Wireless High Speed purchases from Wi-Fi hot spot operators on a wholesale basis, integrates these networks together and sells a single service to its customers.

EarthLink Wireless High Speed has the easiest-to-use wireless broadband footprint in the world. Instead of building Wi-Fi networks, EarthLink Wireless High Speed focuses on the complex integration of hundreds of APs around the world into a single service. EarthLink Wireless High Speed markets to, supports and bills the end user.
    Site Article was pulled from

This could very possibly be the reason why you have such a funky configuration.

I agree with the rest when they say do a total reinstall.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    MilitantEidolon,

He's on a dialup (PPP) connection.

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Well don't I feel like an ass

I didn't read the whole thread but now I see you stated that prior.

- MilitantEidolon
    Yeah thats right........I said It!

Ultimately everyone will have their own opinion--this is mine.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255

I may be tired or old, but what kind of subnet mask is that...............

Doesn't leave much room for users, but there is a SHED load of networks available............
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    No worries. I fux0r things up on a regular basis, why should anyone else be different.

hehe
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden