Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Polite Way To Post Video Tutorials

King Tutorial-ankhamun

Best Polite Way To Post Video Tutorials

Hi all, since a picture is worth a thousand words I’ve created many security related video tutorials in AVI and SWF format. Is there a polite way to post them in the tutorial section? Should I just make a link to them or should they be attached to the thread in some way? Thanks for any info you can give me.

I'd just link to them, however, giving transcripts on the page would'nt ba a bad thing either.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I think just linking to them externaly would be easier. Korp is right. Make sure if you do post tutorials like this to include transcripts for non-broadband users, like myself

Hrmm video tutorial's sound's like a great idea. Something that never has/was (not to my knowledge) been done or implemented on AO. But like Korp said, a link to it (possibly on your website) would be a great idea. Posting them in the respected forum's is just the key and make sure you can try to provide it to people with slow and fast connections alike. What I'm saying is -- make it in all types of available format's.
    Space For Rent.. =]

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    The tutorials forum would be the correct place?

If they are tut's then, yeah, that would be the right place, grasshopper.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

being as uploads are limited to 1 meg linking is your only option
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

If it is your creation, you can post them on Tutorial Forum.
    If its a third party creation, you can not.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    I produce them all, guess I'll post one Friday.

Well, judging from your Iron Geek video clips on weight lifting, this should be some good stuff.

Hopefully you can bring the file size down enough so you don't kill your bandwidth posting them. I'll be sure to look for your tutorial tomorrow. Later, and good luck.