weird isos/bin files

Thread: weird isos/bin files

Banned

weird isos/bin files

i've downloaded some bin and iso files but i've noticed that they are bigger then 700MB ...

how do you burn these things onto a cd? are there "bigger" CD's? do i need to use a DVD? but if so why are these files separated? DVD can take more then 2 x 750MB.

anyone??

An iso is a copy of a cdr or possibly a data dvd if very large (iso9660 is the format used for cds) bin stands for binary, usually you have a cue file with the bin. Yes a bigger than 700mb bin will go on a normal cd. An iso will fit a cdr if a little bigger than 700mb but it depends on the media, burner and software. I can tell you how to do what you want with *nix , burncd or cdrecord for iso's and cdrdao for bin/cues

Nero should do this for windows, for sure the iso's . You might be able to use isobuster to make an iso out of the bin/cue and if you don't have a cue file there are proggys that will make them for you (google will find them) Igoogle for burn + bin windows or something similar and you should get tons of answers.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Banned
    the problem is that there is no cue file w/ the bin file