Thread: Juce CD-rom

Juce CD-rom

Hi!

I got juce on my combo DVD/CD-r-rw device on my laptop.
    What should i do?
    I cleaned it with watter, i hope i did it right but this cdrom still dont working

pls help me if it is possible or where can i get info with pictures about how cdrom working

(i have hp laptop)
    // too far away outside of limit

well generally computer items and juice don't mix very well. try wiping it off as best you can (not with water as that is just putting another liquid onto parts that are not supposed to get wet, then just leave it out to dry .. see if that helps [ if you know how i would take the dvd/cdrom drive out of the laptop and dry it ) cannot guarantee it will help tho . but it may be worth a try....

just get it as dry as you can

otherwise see if it is covered under warantee.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You can use water (just not other stuff) as long as the device is not attached and as long as you don't "soak" it. Make sure you let it dry thoroughly! (1-2 days). The issue with juice is the sugar generally. I would actually open it up and see where the juice went inside the CDRom itself.

Generally speaking however because of the issue of sugar I'd say it's possibly toast. It is unlikely that it's covered by warranty but it's usually not that much to replace ($100 usually for laptop CDroms).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

You can use distilled water, I use it to clean various bits of hardware. Just put some in a PLASTIC container and let your CD ROM soak in it for a while.

When you take it out make sure you stand it up with the tray facing down so the water can drain out, and as msmittens said leave it for atleast 2 days, longer if you can.

Make sure it is distilled water though not just tap water!

When you say its not working, do you mean that it completley doesnt work as in it has no power or that it just wont spin CD's?

Computer can detect cdrom but just cant read CDs and cant show if CD is inside of computer.
    and i havent warranty :,(

i think that can be just some problem with laser but i dont know if it is possible to fix it
    // too far away outside of limit

Have you tried a cleaning disc?

I would try gently cleaning the lens with a Q-tip and some water that should fix the reading problem.
    for those of you who don't know what a Q-tip is
    http://www.drugstore.com/qxp26117_33...tton_swabs.htm

King Tutorial-ankhamun
    Any reason not to use rubbing alcohol? It dries much faster. That and CD wipes work for lots of items.

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by DeadAddict
    I would try gently cleaning the lens with a Q-tip and some water that should fix the reading problem.
    for those of you who don't know what a Q-tip is
    http://www.drugstore.com/qxp26117_33...tton_swabs.htm

NOOOOOOO!!!!
    A Q-tip will remove the coating from the laser lense and turn the drive into an expensive paperweight. Your only option would be the distilled water route (with the 1-2 day dryout) followed by the use of a lense cleaning CD.

Again...DO NOT use a Q-tip. This will only work 2 or 3 times and then your drive is ruined. If nothing else works make this your LAST RESORT, make sure you moisten the Qtip with distilled water only, rub gently and pray hard.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

BANNED
    A cd lens cleaning disk won't serve the purpose of cleaning the lense?
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...