Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIM and the nasty stuff

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar

AIM and the nasty stuff

Since AOL has decided to pack AIM full of junk such as Weatherbug and WildTangent, I've been looking around for a quality "stripper". This application works on AIM 5.5.3599. It removes the add windows and a bunch of other configurable options. It will even DL and install the proper version of AIM. I tested this on a fresh install of XP and a spybot scan turns up nothing after this is installed.

http://aftermath.dyndns.org:8888/~aimadhack/

--TH13

Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

With alternatives such as Trillian, Gaim, and DeadAim for windows that already eliminates that bit of spyware, hassel and general uglies, not sure why anyone would be using the official client anyways. Otherwise, a very good find horse I'll pass it along.

Re: AIM and the nasty stuff

Originally posted here by thehorse13
    I've been looking around for a quality "stripper". --TH13

Dude!! You're Married!

But if you really want, you can come visit, I know a few strippers that may help you out.

Heh. SHHHHHH!!! You'll scare away all the chicks dude!

Yeah, this is for those who are forced to use AIM for whatever reason. For me, it's my kids who insist on the AIM chat client.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Here is a stripper for you Horse.....lol
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Brought to you direct from the Dirty Cowboy's Coral! Doggon Cowboy that's sweet enough to cause tooth decay. Better clear my cache and brush my teeth.

All seriousness aside, I don't use AIM, however my son does and this will work great on his box. Thanks for the use of the stripper, I mean the information of course.

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

Yeah, this is for those who are forced to use AIM for whatever reason.
    Hrmm, I use it to stay in contact with virtually everyone I know (since most people use it). I don't think it's that bad a program and while there are some hazard's to using it, it's mostly harzard's caused by user stupidity. So IMO it's a pretty good chat client.

In any sense, thanks thehorse for the link. Definitely going to check that out, compare, etc.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Mox,

WOW!!

Keep em comin!!

Yeh, mox make my PM box happy I especially liked that one, nice ass..
    Space For Rent.. =]

if you dont have to have the latest version, get an earlier version and download something like middleman or deadaim. i recommend dead aim, it logs all your convo's for you and you can clone instead of havin to link them together which sucks, deadaim is awesome and it removes the banners and adds and stuff. i dont see much useful updates in the latest one except the video, and no one hardly uses it. AIM updated their stuff to what deadaim and aim+ all made before aol, i highly recommend them. search on google for deadaim, aim+ by big-o-software, and middleman.