Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Internet Protocall (IP) question.

Elite Hacker
    Just posting to make sure the thread doesn't die after thread_killer posted
    Now I can take all the blame. Peace.

HA!!

That is, in fact, how I picked up this nick. I have been known to stop a thread in it's tracks.
    /shrug
    Don't know why, just lucky I guess.

ok well thanks for the info guys.. but im still a bit confused about the tracert..i understand how to work it but ip chicken says a different ip then the second hop in tracert ..2nd tracert hop starts with 10 and ip chicken starts with 24.. and my routers ip (interal ip?) is 192.168.0.3

Anything that starts with 10 is internal. I am not exactly sure of where your external will show with tracert, as I don't know how your router acts. Read throught tracert and see if anywhere it shows the same IP as ipchicken.
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

no where in tracert does the ip that ipchicken gives me show up :-\

Developer Extraordinar
    IPChicken is not inside your router (meaning it is not inside your internal network, which would have the IPs like 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x) so it can see the IP that your router has (the external one atleast), and since IPChicken is written in PHP all it would take, is:

Code:
    &lt;php
    echo $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];
    ?&gt;
    to get the IP your router gives. (The external one)

Understand?

microburn

There is nothing confusing, i think.
    You have two IPs
    1. Internal: (XXX.XX.X.X) This is your indentity in your network (LAN).

2. External: (XXX.XXX.XX.XX) This is your routers' IP and which is visible to whole internet.

If you are still confused then you can solve your problem by making IP domain:

www.no-ip.com

Now you can have something like yourname.*****.org as your IP Name...need not to remember your IP.. ..Njoy
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

ok you know what i dont even care if i am giving out my IP i want to learn..

router ip=192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 (two comps)
    ip chicken=24.73.9.194

2nd hop tracert to www.google.com = 10.96.208.1

which one is my true computers IP (not my router aka external)

This is your IP : 24.73.9.194.. now make IP Domain.
    Half The Time I Don\'t Know What I\'m Talkin\' About, And Even Worse, I Don\'t Know Which Half

Originally posted here by mastacracka
    ok you know what i dont even care if i am giving out my IP i want to learn..

router ip=192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2 (two comps)
    ip chicken=24.73.9.194

2nd hop tracert to www.google.com = 10.96.208.1

which one is my true computers IP (not my router aka external)

If you go back to the last post on the first page (made by yours truly) and click on the two links....all your questions are answered.

If you don't understand, then come here and say "Gee TK, I read the entirety of the links you posted, but I don't understand all of it. Could you explain what blah, blah, blah, means in English". At which point I'm going to say,

"Sure....what it means is this".

That's a kind of dialog. Questions, then answer. New question, new answer. Not question, answer, ignore the answer, ask question again.

By the way... Your computer's ip address is the 192.x.x.x adress. Which, you would have known if you had read the hyperlinks I provided.