Ipods

Thread: Ipods

Unhappy Ipods

Hey,
    I just currently order an Ipod Mini, now i just read the post about Apple and Real Networks....It said something about Ipod's only play music that are downloaded from their own Itunes music store?!?! your joking right?!?! I mean, i currently do not reside in the US anymore so I cannot download music from the music store....I get my music from friends, and if i just bought an ipod...and it only plays.....music that are digitally signed by their music store then that basically means....that....it wont play my music!!!!! i mean im not 100% sure if thats the case or not, so if anyone out there who uses......a music download software other than apples music store and also has an ipod and are able to use it please tell me...because i am worried that i just wasted 249 for something that might not work! so please if anyone knows information about this (using kazaa downloaded music and using it to play on ipod) please reply asap...cause i have to cancel my order!!!

-Thanks
    S3nate

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Have you actually tried the software? AFAIK, all iPods will take MP3 as well as AAC. The software has been quite good at ripping my CD collection into AAC format for me. I haven't tried MP3 yet but I'm quite sure you can use already "acquired" music. Go and download iTunes (It's a free product) from Apple and play with it until your mini arrives.

There are also a few open source projects (Linux on iPod, iPod on Linux).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Banned
    my mate at work has one and he uses "already acquired mp3s"

lol, thanks for the adivce Mittens, altho I aready have Itunes lol but the music store doesnt work lol anyways i sure hope that it can play music downloaded from kazaa...