Chic-kill

Thread: Chic-kill

Exclamation Chic-kill

I've pasted the following text from the help section of sound( ) in Turbo C++

Example (for both functions):

/* Emits a 7-Hz tone for 10 seconds.

True story: 7 Hz is the resonant
    frequency of a chicken's skull cavity.
    This was determined empirically in
    Australia, where a new factory
    generating 7-Hz tones was located too
    close to a chicken ranch: When the
    factory started up, all the chickens
    died.

Your PC may not be able to emit a 7-Hz tone. */

#include <dos.h>

int main(void)
    {
    sound(7);
    delay(10000);
    nosound();
    return 0;
    }

Thankfully our computer speakers can't give out such a low frequency.It would be really
    terrible if it could.Black hats could some how find out the natural frequency of the human brain
    and write a virii which makes the speaker give out such a frequency !!.It is
    hard to think of people dying just because of a computer virii !!..Anyway we don't
    have any use of such a speaker... I feel sorry for the chickens!

Strange.. no one has any comment ?

Well it's hardly a security question. Maybe you delete this one and re-post
    it in General Chit Chat...

\"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Hmmm............

Actually I found that quite interesting............

I wonder if anyone will discover the resonant frequency of a politician's brain...........I wonder if anyone will find a politician with a brain?

A programmer who's got some knowledge of parallel port programming can make a Computer death trap.It's really easy to produce 7hz signal using an electronic circuit. Hook up the thing to the parallel port and write a program in C which controls he device ( parallel port programming is kindda easy and the programs aren't all that huge as some people say ).You
    could like activate the device when someone tries to get illegal physical access or something !!!...wait a sec ...that's too harsh rite ????

7hz might be good for killing chickens, the human skull has a resonant frequency
    of 1-2 kHz, with lots of speakers that output this frequency. Can you make me one
    to control the mossies during summer?

You could ask some electronic engineer this question..they'd know more about the circuit thing.A lot of parallel port programming manuals are available on the net.If ur an IEEE member u cud get access to papes on Low frequency producing circuits and parallel port programming ..

It's not difficult to make a circuit that will produce 7hz on an oscilloscope. However, you'll never find any "speaker" that would produce the amount of air required to be "pushed". To have a device that could push the required air volume, you'd need something like the 64ft pipe (which produces an 8hz tone) in one of the largest pipe organs in the world to produce it. From that link you'll see that the air required (for all the pipes but mostly for the largest ones) is supplied by " a 365 H.P. group of motors, (and) has seven blowers.."

You obviously wouldn't hear a frequency this low, you'd feel it. In fact, it would cause you to literally sh!t your pants, vomit and generally feel like your inards were bounced around as though you've been put in a blender. This is because the resonant frequency of the human body cavity is in this range. In fact, there was a riot gun developed at one time using an "infrasound generator ".. but of course low frequency waves are not directional so the operators of such a weapon would be subjected to the same effects.. I suppose there weren't too many volunteers stepping up to operate that one (they could of used a remote controlled vehicle, the dummies.. lol)

So.. the theory is all nice but sorry.. unless you can hook up a 64 ft pipe (or similar cavity) to your PC and push large volumes of air thru it, it just ain't gonna happen.