abou request a receipt of inbox

Thread: abou request a receipt of inbox

abou request a receipt of inbox

hi,everyone,i have a question about receipt:
    To request a receipt for a message that you are composing

1. From the File menu, choose Properties, and then select the General tab.
    2. Under Options For This Item, do one of the following:

To receive a receipt when the recipient receives the item, select Delivery Receipt.
    To receive a receipt when the recipient opens the item, select Read Receipt.

3. Choose OK.

To request a receipt for all messages that you send

1. From the Tools menu, choose Options, and then select the Send tab.
    2. Under Request That A Receipt Be Sent Back When, do one of the following:

To receive a receipt when the recipient opens the item, select The Item Has Been Read.
    To receive a receipt when the recipient receives the item, select The Item Has Been Delivered.

3. Choose OK.
    if i don't want the sender receive a receipt after i get or read the message,how can i do this?i just don't anyone know if i have read the message,because this is my secret,can you help me?thank you!!

Hey Hey,

How to stop someone from receiving a delivery reciept:

Use a mail server that doesn't support/acknowledge delivery receipts. You'd have to contact your mail provider to see if they do this or not... Places like Hotmail acknowledge delivery receipts.... where as 1and1.com (rather large web hosting/email provider) doesn't... If the person's mail server doesn't support/acknowledge the delivery receipt you'll recieve a message like this

As part of the delivery process, your message was relayed to a machine which does not handle delivery status notifications. As a result, it is not possible to determine whether the message will get to its final destination.
    As far as read receipts... If you are using Microsoft Outlook you'll recieve a pop-up that says the sender has requested a read receipt and asks if you want to send one or not. It also has a check box to now show it again... Check the checkbox and then click No.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".